New to MFP

Options
JS70
JS70 Posts: 95 Member
I just joined MFP today. I am looking for something that will help me exercise regularly and cut back on snacking all day! I hope tracking my calories will help me eat less. I have been trying to lose weight for quite some time. Now that I am 40 I really need to find something that works!

Replies

• Archive972
    Options
    This site really does help on watching your calories. If I over eat, i know it's just that much harder at the gym, but you will tend not to over eat, but you have to stay on top of it. I always log what I eat within 30 minutes to know where I'm at for the day. Good Luck.
  • angiematwij
    Options
    Welcome! What worked for me was finding what I enjoyed doing. So I started walking. Each day I would walk a little farther and longer. So find something that you enjoy doing and do it everyday. Increase it and then slowly find other things that you might like doing. I alternate between walking, riding my bike, doing the elipitcal machine, and doing various exercise DVD's. The one I started with was Leslie Sasone. A good friend of mine suggested it. I have lost 75 pounds on my own, and now am trying to lose another 50 since I am a diabetic. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck and just take one day at a time and you will suceed.