peanut butter

Options
K. This is driving me nuts enough to ask the question. Penut butter.....I'm putting it on an english muffin in the mornings....I'm in the loo that evening.......

Thought the jar was bad, bought another.....nope same thing. Thought peanut butter was supposed to be good for you. Or is this why its good for you. If so. Piss on peanut butter.

Thanks.

Replies

• theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... maybe you're allergic? I eat it every day and don't have that problem. Try cashew butter or almond butter.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    LOL...Hey no pissing on the peanut butter some of us still like to eat it
  • fmramey
    fmramey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe there was a bad batch..................... salmonella....................
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    lmao. I do the same thing. Except, I put it on a multi grain muffin and only eat either the top or bottom. So its only 55 calories plus the peanut butter. You can try the natural peanut butter, which is more healthier.

Peanut butter gives you some fiber, some vitamins and minerals (including potassium), and other nutrients.

Moderation is the key.

:)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    In some of the larger, health food type stores, like Whole Foods, you can easily make your own peanut butter or almond butter and the nuts are the only ingredient. You could grind peanuts in a food processor, but that requires messy clean-up.
  • bauerluv3
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/18120-symptoms-allergy-peanut-butter/
    Photo Credit: PhotoObjects.net/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
    Article reviewed by demand22674 | Last updated on: 03/28/11

It's possible. Try not eating it for a couple days and see if the symptoms improve. Then, hate to say it, but eat it again and see if it reoccurs. If so, then it's a good probability that it is an allergy and not just a passing virus or upset due to some other ailment.
  • fairlady17
    Options
    I est it most days and have no problem. Do you eat the smooth or crunchy one? Just wondering if the crunchy one is annoying you? Have you always eaten it and only just got this reaction? If so I would check the batch number for sure before trying again!
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/18120-symptoms-allergy-peanut-butter/
    Photo Credit: PhotoObjects.net/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images
    Article reviewed by demand22674 | Last updated on: 03/28/11

It's possible. Try not eating it for a couple days and see if the symptoms improve. Then, hate to say it, but eat it again and see if it reoccurs. If so, then it's a good probability that it is an allergy and not just a passing virus or upset due to some other ailment.
    If you are eating it a second time to test for allergy, then do it from a different jar in case the first jar might have been contaminated.
  • tlcurr7u
    tlcurr7u Posts: 19
    Options
    check out the ingredients...either you are allergic to pb or you are allergic to something in it...when I was over in Turkey they put cheese powder in their PB and i am lactose intolerant soo I couldnt eat the pb there. lolz. I love my PB though...Skippy's all natural is the best or Peter Pan Plus
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ha! Not laughing at you at all. It's just the way you said that was too funny!
  • Honey1990
    Options
    same thing happens here. i was tested and am not allergic to it at all. it just makes you go number two. haha whenever i eat it i know that its going to put in in the bathroom sometime later that day i feel its good. i mean hello haha it helps you get rid of all the food thats built up in your colon. haha
  • TiffanyAnn127
    Options
    there is an all natural brand of PB called Just Peanuts that is literally JUST peanuts ground up. MUCH healthier and lower in fat and it really doesn't taste bad either (aside from the unsalted stuff.. I have to have my salt). Maybe its the oil and other additives that are put in regular peanut butter.. or maybe its an allergy. Most people think a food allergy only causes anaphylaxis or rashes.. but nausea and diarrhea are also common allergies. I get nauseous whenever I eat over easy (dippy!) eggs and my nutritionist told me I must be allergic to the uncooked yoke. :sick:
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you're eating it regularly, I would be willing to bet it's just the effect of the natural oils in the peanuts. Walnuts, almonds, peanuts, or any nut with a lot of oil can, for lack of a better word, "lube" you up inside and make you have to go. My mom had to stop eating her walnuts on a regular basis because it was getting so bad.