MFP changed the weight I entered

Options
For at least the last 3 weeks I go in and enter my new weight. A few minutes later I find that MFP has decreased my weight by 1/10th lb. For example - this morning I entered 190 lbs, a few minutes later it is showing 189.9. I know this is not a huge difference but I would like for my numbers to be accurate. Is anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it?
Thanks!!
Jan

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Could your finger have slipped when you were setting your weight? The progress page allows for many increments between whole pounds, maybe you weren’t straight on the number before you clicked on the check mark? That’s the only thing I can think of.
  • joyfuljan77
    joyfuljan77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying! The 1st time it happened I thought I had made a mistake so have been careful to double check my entry the last couple of weeks.

Thanks!
    Jan
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Do have another device connected to MFP? I use my garmin to track my weight and it connects to MFP, is it possible your connected device is updating?
  • joyfuljan77
    Options
    peggym4640 wrote: »
    Do have another device connected to MFP? I use my garmin to track my weight and it connects to MFP, is it possible your connected device is updating?

I do have my fitbit connected to MFP. I don't enter any info into Fitbit but will disconnect and see if that helps since I don't use the exercise calories imported. Thank you for the suggestion.

Jan
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I find when I enter new foods into the database I have to enter one gram less (ie. 99g instead of 100g) because mfp always pushes it up one after it saves. Possibly we have similar bugs?
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For at least the last 3 weeks I go in and enter my new weight. A few minutes later I find that MFP has decreased my weight by 1/10th lb. For example - this morning I entered 190 lbs, a few minutes later it is showing 189.9. I know this is not a huge difference but I would like for my numbers to be accurate. Is anyone else having this issue? How do I fix it?
    Thanks!!
    Jan

Yup. I have a Fitbit connected to MFP and it does this. For some reason the Fitbit does this adjustment. Why? I don't know. I just ignore it. I know what my weight is, and no one is looking at this information but me.
  • joyfuljan77
    Options
    Glad to know it has to do with the fitbit. I disconnected mine to see how things go in the next week or so. If the next time I enter my weight it says correct then I can reconnect and fudge my entry by 1/10th lb to have the correct numbers. After working as an accountant for 30+ years I have this thing about numbers being correct. LOL Thanks for the help stroungwouldbenice and Hey Judii.