New and struggling

Options
Hi everyone my name is Lani. I have steadily gained about 30 pounds over the past 2 years unfortunately, bringing my to my heaviest weight (even heavier then either of my pregnancies); weight maintenance has been a struggle since my hysterectomy....sorry if it’s TMI....I also have neck, back and knee issues that tend to hold me back; any tips on low impact? my main issues are my mid-section and thighs, and for me it’s hard to stay motivated especially with my ridiculous and erratic schedule; so I’m reaching out here in this community for support and tips and motivation. Thanks for listening. I’m so ready for a new and healthy me!

Replies

• Erinloveable
    Erinloveable Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone who thinks this is TMI is very immature. We are all here because of our bodies. I don't know anything about exercise as I am made of mostly blubber but I wanted to say that you shouldn't feel embarrassed talking about what effects you. I talk about my period and the fact I can't poop all the time and if anyone said it was TMI then I know I am talking to the wrong person, I don't apologize.
  • allwaysruth
    allwaysruth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like going to the pool that helps me a lot.
  • trivedipurva95
    trivedipurva95 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey. Let's be friends. And help each other be healthy. And i can relate to you in so many ways. :)
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you have those issues since you can’t do vigorous exercise your meals must be in clean and at a deficit not 1200 cals lots of calorie calculators on the web
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Walk, walk, walk. You CAN lose weight and firm up from walking. Also, eat at a deficit. Eat healthy foods that nourish your body. Just think healthy.
  • themrsb192
    themrsb192 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! Let’s motivate one another! I could use a good motivator and I’m a great one as well. I’m a wife and mother and don’t wanna be stick thin just want to feel healthy again I’m 33 and post hysterectomy so I could use the help. Thanks! Please add me so we can motivate each other.
  • MotherTruckerKeto
    MotherTruckerKeto Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a lot of the same issues with knees, back, thyroid issues, menopause, I also have a batshit crazy schedule. I’ve been able to figure some things out though that have helped me get rid of nearly 20 pounds in the last 2 months. Let’s be friends, support is important! ♥️♥️🤪
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Try stationary bike and cycle in the upright position as much as you can. If thats uncomfortable try a recumbant bike. Both are low impact but can burn as much calories as running.