Oatmeal

Options
michael1596
michael1596 Posts: 1 Member
1/2 cup steelcut oats, 1 cup Costco blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, 3/4 cups water. Microwave in 2 cup container for 5 minutes , add 1/2 cup skim milk , no more than a teaspoon sugar. Great breakfast

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've never tried cooking it with the berries in it. I usually prep the oatmeal, add some almond slivers, berries, and unsweetened applesauce. I found there's no need for sugar this way.
  • Tartymuffin
    Tartymuffin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always cook my porridge (can you tell I'm British lol) with my fruit already in it. The berries pop and add sweetness and colour, chopped apple turns into little pockets of apple sauce and dried fruit rehydrates and becomes really juicy. I really like apple and cinnamon - it tastes like apple pie!
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like my oatmeal savory. I use it like I would use rice, potatoes, etc.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Ive been having overnight oats this week. Rolled oats, vanilla protein, Quark yoghurt, peanut butter, and grated zucchini all mixed with a bit of water. Add frozen berries and chopped roasted nuts when I want to eat it.
  • heatherharget
    heatherharget Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    newbie so if this is bad someone tell me! I use water but add in berries and teaspoon of peanut butter.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    newbie so if this is bad someone tell me! I use water but add in berries and teaspoon of peanut butter.

No, that's not bad at all! You could even use peanut powder.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »

Me too.

1/2 cup oats, 1 cup low sodium chicken broth. Serve with a fried egg or two on top and a sprinkle of cheese.
  • William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »

My grandfather would kill me if he knew i put honey in mine :D
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I cut my oats with peanut butter flavored protein powder, good lawd it's so good. You can't go wrong with oatmeal.