STRESS............

Options
I have been Stressed latley and its taking a toll on my health....... I guess you can say I have not really ever learned to handle stress and this one is really buggin me......

Any suggestions??

PS Its boy trouble haha~~

Replies

• AlysaDixon
    Options
    I have been Stressed latley and its taking a toll on my health....... I guess you can say I have not really ever learned to handle stress and this one is really buggin me......

Any suggestions??

PS Its boy trouble haha~~
  • Susan77
    Susan77 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know sometimes it helps to go for a walk or pop in a exercise video thats a good stress reliever for me . Hope it works for you!!!!
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    Thanks I will try that...... I hate it when your head wont let you do anything else but think of the one thing you dont really wanna think of.... Reminds me of why im here in the first place!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree...It may sound lame, but exercise always makes me feel better! :flowerforyou: Also, a hot cup of coffee or tea and chatting with a girlfriend about how silly boys are helps too! Feel better! :drinker:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am having boy stress myself right now. To combat this I've been making sure to do extra hard workouts (I feel good when I meet a goal for MYSELF) and I've been dressing in nicer clothes rather than the ones that don't make me feel so pretty. If I feel good on the outside, make and meet goals for myself, and make ME happy, I tend to feel better entirely. I even took myself on a great, beautiful, challenging hike (see pics in profile) on Sunday. I NEVER do things like that by myself! Keep in mind that if you let him get to you and that stops you from doing what you want for you, he wins. Remember that you're the only one you can count on to always make you happy! Don't give up on yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    Thanks you guys....... I am just sooo lost thats all...... Sometimes I feel like im getting abck on track then then something like this happens....... Its Stupid!! JEEZ!!!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Or it might help if you can write a letter to yourself and reflect on all the things you have to be happy for. Like a good job,happy in school,good family or good friends???? I find that when I used to have boy trouble I used to focus SOO much energy on that 1 negative thing...and when I really opened my eyes I realized all the amazing things I was missing out on!!!!! sometimes keeping life in perspective can help get over the really big hurdles in life....I know it sucks sometimes!!!!!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Your body's reaction to stress is to pump adrenaline through the system. This goes back to the caveman times when stress was a sabre toothed tiger about to eat you. Your body prepared to battle the beast or run your butt off to get away.

Nowadays the stress is not generally physical but more mental or emotional such as a bad day at work or "boy troubles".

You are still getting the adrenaline pumping through your body but you aren't doing anything from it since you aren't running or battling. Your best bet is to work out in some way and utlize the adrenaline in your system
  • havingitall
    Options
    I used to focus SOO much energy on that 1 negative thing...and when I really opened my eyes I realized all the amazing things I was missing out on!!!!! sometimes keeping life in perspective can help get over the really big hurdles in life....I know it sucks sometimes!!!!!!!

This is awesome advice for any day!
  • havingitall
    Options
    I used to focus SOO much energy on that 1 negative thing...and when I really opened my eyes I realized all the amazing things I was missing out on!!!!! sometimes keeping life in perspective can help get over the really big hurdles in life....I know it sucks sometimes!!!!!!!

This is awesome advice for any day!
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    The obviouse thing is working out...... I unfortunatly work a desk job all day... i always walk at night after dinner for about an hour.... is there ways to keep my mind healthy durring the day at work??
  • havingitall
    Options
    Walk at lunch?
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    I do when I get lunches......... Is there like office work outs??? any ideas??
  • havingitall
    Options
    try running around the office screaming :laugh: I bet they will make you take a break!!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Honey, I could write a book on "boy troubles":laugh: :laugh: Exercise is a great stress reliever, as others have already said. Having friends or family to talk to is important also. I don't know what I would have done when I went through all the stuff I have been through, if I hadn't had my workouts and my time with friends and family to look forward to.
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    I wish I could run around screaming... lol REALLY... haha My buy trouble isnt over one boy unfortunatly...... I waited for 3 years for this one guy..... long storey short.... met new guy but was never really over old guy... been with new guy three years..... so 6 years since old guy and I were together..... Love ew guy to death but yesterday old guy talked to me told me how he felt..... I love him tons..... luv new guy tons as well....... want to wait and see how LIFE plays out but dont wanna miss any real great opportunities!! They are both Amazing guys and totaly supportive!!

think id be better off with neither one of them haha