Do you weigh less?

Options
amarie35
amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
I just realized something; my drivers license says that I weigh 135 lbs. But, I admit, the last time I had them renewed, I lied. I was actually 15 lbs heavier. And NOW, I'm 12 lbs less. I've NEVER weighed less than what my license has said. I've either weighed the exact amount or more. So this is a 1st for me. :bigsmile: I just hope that I can maintain my weight because they don't expire for another 1 1/2 years.

Have you ever lied about your weight when getting your license renewed? If so, take a quick glance. Who knows, you may actually weigh less too. :wink:

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I now weigh 35 pounds less than what my driver's license says...and yeah, I lied on it; I was actually 10 lbs heavier than what it says lol...

what's really interesting is the last time I went to a bar and got carded, the guy did like a double take after checking my license ;) that felt good!
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    lol yea I've been lying about my weight on my driver license for a long time and now I weight awhole lot less and actually look forward to put my real weight next time I renew next year
  • agrabau
    agrabau Posts: 35
    Options
    I actually weigh 4 pounds less than my drivers license right now!! And like you I lied when I got it renewed!! I am 5'7', started at 159 in January and at 155 when I start MFP- I am now down to 140 ( I peeked today though and saw 139- so super excited about getting into the 130's!)- goal weight is 129! Congrats to you on your amazing weight loss!
  • sadams977
    sadams977 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kentucky... We don't have weight on our license anymore! =D
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I have always lied on my DL. When I wasn't overweight (all but the last license) the DMV/DOL person wouldn't believe me if I told them my real weight.... no one seems to think a 5'4" gal can weigh 145-150 lbs and be fit and trim. (Current profile pic is at 155.8)
  • zyle
    zyle Posts: 34
    Options
    I was returning clothes today, lied and said "Grandma is senile got me the wrong size", then they asked for my license to process the return, WHOOPS forgot all about the old picture of me and the weight on there. Luckily they didn't care or notice.
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes...I did lie the last time I renewed...I probably was 35-50 pounds heavier than I said (it was about 6 or 7 years ago) and I have steadily gained weight over that time. I am working to reverse that now. I am still heavier than it says, but I am hoping by the time I have to renew (I can't remember if I renew summer of '12 or '13) that I will be at the weight it shows or lower and I will lower it then!!! :happy:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    weight isn't listed on licences here. but I am nearly 1/2 an inch shorter than my licence states....they measured. not me!
  • amarie35
    Options
    I actually weigh 4 pounds less than my drivers license right now!! And like you I lied when I got it renewed!! I am 5'7', started at 159 in January and at 155 when I start MFP- I am now down to 140 ( I peeked today though and saw 139- so super excited about getting into the 130's!)- goal weight is 129! Congrats to you on your amazing weight loss!

Thank you & congrats to you as well! :flowerforyou:
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I was 8 months pregnant when i got my license renewed and boy do I look like a freaking whale in the picture! So I can safely say I weigh less than that!! haha
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    Mine doesn't have a weight on it but I can tell from the picture I weigh less. I'm not even sure I recognize myself in that picture. LOL.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    My license still has the same weight from when I was 16 and I'm going on 42--and I don't remember, but I'm sure I lied then! Funny thing is, it now matches my initial goal which will put me right at the top of the healthy BMI range.

I just realized the other day that I now weigh 5 lbs. less than what I tell them when I donate blood. I haven't yet decided if I wil give them the real # next time I go, or lie again by 10-15 lbs.

Thoughts?
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had the same weight on mine from age 16 until I was 35. I only weighed 125 when I got it, just never changed it after that. I was only asked if I wanted to update it once between then and I just had a baby so NO, I wasn't going to then!!

I told the truth about the weight listed on it at the time but weigh 40 lb more now. I won't weigh that little again, but then again it doesn't expire for 5 more yrs.

I'm also shorter now that it says on there too!!! Have you been officially measured lately? Started to notice the number shrinking??But my pants aren't longer!!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Curious question, why would you lie for your license? That seems more than a bit odd to me, but apparently common.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I've always fibbed about my weight on my license. The last time I said I weighed 200lbs when in reality I was probably closer to 220. I'm delighted to say that I now weigh 50lbs less than what it says on my license and I'm very much looking forward to putting my true weight on there when I renew in Feb.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I will weight EXACTLY what my driver's license says...when I lose 30 pounds! I have just never bothered to update the weight (or the picture).
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Curious question, why would you lie for your license? That seems more than a bit odd to me, but apparently common.

Because if you're fat, you don't want anyone to know what you really weigh--especially when you're 16! God forbid a friend or a boyfriend saw your license and knew how fat you really were!!! You lie on your license for the same reason you lie verbally--because you're embarrassed.:embarassed:

Maybe the posts are unclear, but in many states they print your weight right there on the license for anyone to see.
  • amarie35
    Options

I guess for me, it was more of a mind thing. I didn't want to admit to myself that I had gotten bigger. I wanted to weigh what I had always weighed. I knew in the back of my mind, that if I would occasionally glance at my weight on my license, it would somewhat inspire me to get back to that weight.

Make sense??
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I was 138 on my license from the time I actually weighed that until this last time I renewed. Then I put down my real weight but it doesn't show on the license, just when the police swipe it. Thank goodness for that because it doesn't expire until 2015 and I plan to be far below my lying weight well before then! I will have to live with my chubby face and pixie crop until 2015-it'll be a reminder that
    a) I should never forget what I used to look like and make sure I never get there again.
    b) just because I think a hairstyle looks good doesn't mean it really does!!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I do weigh less... and I just renewed. (I only weigh 4 lbs less)

The lady said...OH my You have lost weight! and I said Yes, ma'am. She said, would you like to change your weight, and I said no.. I'm right at that weight now... and she said, oh hunny!!! you don't look like you weigh 180 lbs. You look about 150!

I was like...oh wow...hmmm, thank you!!!