Weigh in

mommy4_2septbabies
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I am just wondering if when you weigh yourself, do you weigh more then once or go with the first number? The reason I am asking is because this morning when I got on the scale the first time, I was 249.5lbs but the second and third time I was 252.5lbs. It would be great to be under 250lbs, but I'm fine with 252.5lbs right now also. Thanks!

Replies

• I am just wondering if when you weigh yourself, do you weigh more then once or go with the first number? The reason I am asking is because this morning when I got on the scale the first time, I was 249.5lbs but the second and third time I was 252.5lbs. It would be great to be under 250lbs, but I'm fine with 252.5lbs right now also. Thanks!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    You want to weigh in first thing in the morning. When you get up go to the bathroom, take everything off and weigh yourself. That is the most accurate one. As the day goes by you will weigh more. And try not to weigh more than once a week. Also dont get dissapointed if in a week it is higher. There are many things that affect weight, too much sodium, your cycle, etc. Also measure yourself with a measuring tape or have a pair or pants that are tight now and keep them as a measuring reference. Drink lots of water also!!! And of course eat well and exercise!! :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I'd go with the lowest myself!
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Our official weigh in is Mondays---and no matter how many times I tell myself not to I get on those dratted scales on Friday---and EVERY time I weigh more than the previous Monday---and then the NEXT monday I am 3-4 pounds DOWN. Of cousrse I swim one mile on SAturday and Sunday AND walk 4 miles each day--so that is probably what tips it. I have learned--and I hope I am right--that is I am allowed 1500 calories a day---I drop that to 1200 then add on my exercise calories and make sure I don't drop below that. Someitmes I get to save and extra 300 calories---sometimes I don't but even an extra 100 calories a day saved adds up. I hope that I am doing this right--but I think as long as you don't drop below (at least for MY allowance), 1200+ exercise calories

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • rachmj526
    rachmj526 Posts: 82 Member
    okay, I've never posted before, but I wanted to tell you what I do. When I weigh, I usually get on the scale at least 2 times to make sure it says the same number. If it doesn't, I weigh once or twice more until I get the same number. Maybe I shouldn't do that, but I've noticed my scale weighs a little funny if I'm not on it right (or something).

Hope that helps! Have a good day everyone!

Rachel
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    You want to weigh in first thing in the morning. When you get up go to the bathroom, take everything off and weigh yourself. That is the most accurate one. As the day goes by you will weigh more. And try not to weigh more than once a week. Also dont get dissapointed if in a week it is higher. There are many things that affect weight, too much sodium, your cycle, etc. Also measure yourself with a measuring tape or have a pair or pants that are tight now and keep them as a measuring reference. Drink lots of water also!!! And of course eat well and exercise!! :flowerforyou:

Yep!!!:flowerforyou:
  • okay, I've never posted before, but I wanted to tell you what I do. When I weigh, I usually get on the scale at least 2 times to make sure it says the same number. If it doesn't, I weigh once or twice more until I get the same number. Maybe I shouldn't do that, but I've noticed my scale weighs a little funny if I'm not on it right (or something).

Hope that helps! Have a good day everyone!

Rachel

This is what I did. My weigh ins were back to back, just enough time for the scale to turn off. I usually weigh twice to double check the number, but today it was different, so I did it 3 times. It was 252.5 2 of out 3 times.
This discussion has been closed.