Struggling to gain and maintain weight

Options
Hi all, I’m relatively new to trying to gain weight (seriously). I’m a 21 year old female that hasn’t pushed 99 lbs since high school at 5’4. The thing I’m struggling with the most is getting myself to eat in the morning and getting all my calories in throughout the day. I had been barely hitting maintenance calories for a long time with binge eating habits. I also spend a majority of my day on my feet.
If anyone has any tips or tricks for getting calories in with quick light meals / any weight gain tips in general, please, do tell!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Milk, ice cream and chocolate protein powder and throw it in a blender, and maybe add some peanut butter or bananas. Lots of easy calories.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Your goals mean you should be eating high calorie foods. Ice Cream, pizza, peanut butter, nuts, etc. The fun foods.

These foods are generally considered "unhealthy" because most people eat over their maintenance calories. But as part of a balanced diet, where all of your macronutrient goals are met (protein, fat, carbs and fiber) there is really nothing wrong with them, especially if your goal is to gain weight.

If reaching your calorie goal is really a goal you're going to find it hard to do eating only foods that people eat to lose weight (low calorie foods).

If you open your diary (set it to public in your settings) people will be able to give you much more detailed help and examples.