Sweet tooth!

Options
So I have a bad sweet tooth and Iv tried different fruits but nothing is cutting it when I want the chocolate or something with a lot of sugar. I don’t do it all the time but I’d say once or twice a week and just can’t resist the candy machine 😔 any suggestions

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Jello Sugar-Free chocolate puddings at 60 calories are my god-send. I have one every night.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Just have a small portion at a time. You could also do a small melted portion over low calorie-dense fruit (like strawberries) if you want more bulk.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Individually wrapped small chocolates. Ghirardelli minis are about 35-40 calories each; the larger Ghirardelli squares are about 50-75 calories.

If you can break a piece off a bar and put the rest of the bar away without eating more than you intended, that’s also an option.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Yasso Greek yogurt ice cream bars average between 90-100 calories per bar, taste & texture is just like regular ice cream. Sugar-free pudding (60 Cal) and sugar-free jello (10 Cal) are also great options.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you think the candy machine is put there on purpose? Most people like sweet things. So now you know you're quite normal :) Is there still a problem? Do you think sugar is evil? Do you think you shouldn't eat chocolate at all? Do you think you can teach yourself to not like it? Are you gaining weight and/or not getting in all the nutrition you need?
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So I have a bad sweet tooth and Iv tried different fruits but nothing is cutting it when I want the chocolate or something with a lot of sugar. I don’t do it all the time but I’d say once or twice a week and just can’t resist the candy machine 😔 any suggestions

I have a sweet tooth too and here's how I manage it:

- Jar of candy on my desk that only has gum pieces and suckers. Gum and suckers make for a 'prolonged' experience and after chewing/sucking for a while you don't feel like tearing through a bag of gummi worms anymore, usually. Suckers and most gum are caloric so they have to be logged (chupa chup minis and anglo bubbly for me, 50 and 30 cal respectively), but it's a super small amount for the amount of time you have it in your mouth for. Does that make sense?

- Flavored (sugar free) drinks. Sugar free soda. Mineral water with a splash of sugar free flavorant/cordial.

- Sugar free candy suited for diabetics. However, these are kind of expensive and usually are maltitol based. If you just tear through the entire packet without thinking you'll *kitten* your guts out.

- Zero sugar jello. This stuff tastes amazingly good for something zero-calorie.

- Fruit, specifically berries. I know it's hard to think of fruit as sweet when your mouth is used to pastries and cakes and chocolate bars but if you start to reach for a punnet of strawberries or something every time you think "I want something sweet", you'll soon remember that most fruits are actually sweet and palatable. I once somehow managed a complete sugar fast for 2 months and the first time I ate a really ripe strawberry I was almost overwhelmed.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Save calories for chocolate.
    Try buying the small chocolate individually wrapped chocolates. All the candy companies have them.
    I have a Dove dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt everyday for staying within my calories for the day.(its about 38 calories per piece)
    This isn't about depravation, it's about making better choices.
    Moderation, serving size in all foods. It is sustainable in the long term and will make the transition into maintenance smoother for me.