Healthiest Yogurt

Options
What brand is considered the “healthiest” yogurt that contains NO artificial sweetener?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Cabot and Stonyfield don't use artificial sweeteners (or rBST, or GMO corn, soybeans or alfalfa).

I always have a quart of Cabot low fat Greek vanilla on hand and add fruit as desired, and keep some plain on hand for cooking. I use either the plain or vanilla for a buttermilk substitute in baking - I thin it with an equal amount of water.

I like the Greek b/c it is higher protein.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I go for protein so use plain skyr. h.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    My fave is Fage
  • stormtwh
    stormtwh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Siggi's. Low in sugar, no artificial sweetener either.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I get a tub of Astro Balkan style, two litres of whole milk, and convert the milk to yogurt. I like it, which in my books makes it the best.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I go for protein so use plain skyr. h.

me too. but I like more protein, and flavour, so I add protein powder....but that has stevia... (I have no issues with artificial sweeteners though)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    stormtwh wrote: »

Yes. And higher protein. I love it. I also like Wallaby Organic Greek.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    skyr plain, no sugar is pretty good & bland. Fage 0% is my typical greek yogurt of choice (~480kcal for an entire 1kg tub), also bland & thick. Chobani 0% is a good choice if your prefer a more runny (less thick) texture with a more traditional sour yogurt taste (my favorite if using as a seasoning/dressing for the sourness)

That being said, I do like flavoring greek yogurt/skyr with vanilla/hazelnut artificial flavoring (nothing wrong with sweeteners)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Agree to everything, except that skyr isn't yogurt.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Healthiest is very subjective but my favourite is Chobani plain Greek yogurt. To this I will add plain cacao powder, berries and nuts for a yummy dessert.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I have recently starting making my own in my Instant Pot and it is amazing. I use Goats Milk due to a cow dairy intolerance, but have done it with cow dairy as well. When using cow dairy I would use local, grass fed, raw milk because that is what I was also drinking. The only ingredients are whole milk and a starter. Then when you eat it, you can add whatever you want and you literally know every ingredient going in to it.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm a Siggi's 0% girl. Love them.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Fage full fat or Onken Set yoghurt. Both great with fruit etc and also to use for salad dressings, curries etc.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    stormtwh wrote: »

Yes. And higher protein. I love it. I also like Wallaby Organic Greek.

These are my two. Both in plain, high fat. Add a little bit of finely chopped dark chocolate, and that's my breakfast.
  • hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Look into Skyr. It is Icelandic yogurt.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Go for plain yogurt, fat level of choice and mix in quality jam or PB2.

This is exactly what I do. Most mornings I add 4 tbs chocolate PB2 to 8 oz of store brand plain fat free yogurt (full fat would be okay, but it is easier to find fat free in generics) or store brand fruit preserves. I like to keep it economical. It is healthy because it is part of my diet that provides enough nutrients and not too many calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    I have recently starting making my own in my Instant Pot and it is amazing. I use Goats Milk due to a cow dairy intolerance, but have done it with cow dairy as well. When using cow dairy I would use local, grass fed, raw milk because that is what I was also drinking. The only ingredients are whole milk and a starter. Then when you eat it, you can add whatever you want and you literally know every ingredient going in to it.

We had goats when I was a kid and I grew up on goat's milk. I never developed a taste for drinking cow's milk. I like lots of dairy products, but not milk.