Your breakfast; inspire me

Options
loveloveLOVE! Collecting new ideas :) pictures are very much appreciated. Usually I'm very boring when it comes to breakfast. Eggs scrambled or plain steel cut oatmeal. Occasionally Greek Yogurt w/ blueberries

Replies

• theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter oatmeal with fresh cherries or blueberries. I just ordered PB2 to cut down on calories, but this is by far my favorite breakfast.
  • Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    try putting cooked pumpkin (from a can), stevia and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in with the the steel cut oats. I make this because it reminds me of pumpkin pie :)

I also spend 1 night a week cutting up fruits and veggies and storing them in containers in the fridge, then I can use them to make veggie omlets, fruit salad, smoothies or mix the fruit in with my greek yogurt without having to spend too much time in the morning.

My favorite mixes are : Strawberries, cherries (pitted), blueberries, peaches(especially this time of year) and melon.

For veggies: Peppers, spinach, tomato and mushroom ( can also be used in fajitas, salad or other things for dinner)
  • AlphaGoldenGirl
    Options
    Oh my golly gosh! PB and pumpkin pie oatmeal and Ive been eating mine plain all this time! Thankyou!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Mine is boring but I don't think I'll ever tire of it. Same thing every day. Cheese omelet, turkey bacon, toast. Then 2nd breakfast a couple hours later: oatmeal w/ peanut butter and a 4oz shot of chocolate whey protein.
  • savangilder42
    savangilder42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I juice some fruit and eat a hard boiled egg.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Cereal (my favorite is honey nut cheerios), egg white omelet with a piece of toast and turkey sausage links, vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries on top, and sometimes I just eat a granola bar (the peanut butter chocolate ones are like candy bars...drool) with some V8 v-fusion juice.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When I scramble my eggs: I use 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites add 1/2 a package of Buddig meat, chopped up..once done, I add 2 tblsps Salsa on the eggs and sprinkle on some shredded cheese...

I just started doing the Oatmeal in a Bowl: 1 cup of water & 1 cup of oats(quick cook or otherwise)..stir together in a bowl, cover and let it sit in Fridge overnight...the next day take out 1/2 a cup and add your favorite toppings to it...(You can warm it up a bit in the microwave especially if you;re going to add PB and want it to melt into it...
    It's a bit thick but still very yummy and filling...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm always stumped when it comes to breakfast. Lately I've been making protein shakes or yogurt. My favorite so far is mixing 1cup milk, 1 scoop chocolate whey, and 1/4cup of Banilla yogurt and blending.
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    If I am awake for breakfast (yaaay summer), I usually just have a bowl of cereal with a literal splash of skim milk. If it's more lunch time, or if I'm in the mood for lunch... well, anything goes.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    No pics, but my favorite breakfast is to scramble one egg, then I heat up 2 corn tortillas, spread a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on them, top each one with a slice of pre-cooked bacon and the eggs. 262 cals. Sometimes I'll throw in some spinach when I scramble the eggs or have a piece of fruit with it too.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    It varies for me, but I have several favorites.
    1. Yogurt parfait with granola and fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
    2. Omelet
    3. Oatmeal
    4. Bagel with cream cheese (not the healthiest)
  • robersonj
    robersonj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love omelets. My favorite is one with spinach, mozzarella cheese, fresh mushrooms, peppers, onions, and tomato. I also found some light multi-grain bread that is 40 calories a slice, so I'll have two slices of that with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light (about 1 tbsp of it). Depending on how many eggs you use, it's around 300-400 calories, depending on how many eggs you use. I try to eat more calories in the morning than in the afternoon, and more calories in the afternoon than in the evening... and I add a few snacks here and there, too.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Mine is boring but I don't think I'll ever tire of it. Same thing every day. Cheese omelet, turkey bacon, toast. Then 2nd breakfast a couple hours later: oatmeal w/ peanut butter and a 4oz shot of chocolate whey protein.

Taso, are you really a hobbit?

I usually have fruit salad with muesli yoghurt, or oatmeal with pear and cinnamon, or fruit muffin with peanut butter and banana.

Weekend breakfast is usually eggs - my favourite is "Hell's Eggs" (my version of a cafe favourite):
    I whip up a quick tomato sauce with chopped onion, garlic, chilli, tinned tomatoes and any veggies hanging around, then break whole eggs into the sauce and cook them in the sauce - either on the stovetop or in the oven.
    If its in the oven a sprinkle of grated cheese and some worchestershire sauce on top makes it even better.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This morning I made a Hungry Girl recipe....plain oatmeal sweetened with splenda and sugar free jam, topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries, almonds and a small scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt! It was delish!

I would highly recommend her books... Her b-fasts are great! And her website has pics of every recipe if that helps!
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    I will saute onion, mushroom, spinach and imitation crab then pour on scrambled 1-2 eggs mixed with a little water. sprinkle some season salt and pepper and YUM!

I chop up the onions and mushrooms at the beginning of the week to speed things up.
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I just made up a full muffin pan of these yesterday. The idea came from another MFPer and I loved the idea!

Spray a full size muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line each of the cups with a slice of ham. Sprinkle in some fat free shredded cheese. Add ingredients of your choice (i.e. broccoli, mushrooms, onions, spinach) or can leave plain. Pour in 1/4 cup (or a little less depending on how many other ingredients you add) egg white into each cup. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

I heated up a couple leftover ones for breakfast this morning and they were just as good as when they came out of the oven originally! Great to make up ahead of time to have on hand for mornings when you're in a hurry.
  • elizabethaustin
    Options
    There's a million things you can add to oatmeal! Get creative. :) Cheese and crushed red pepper makes for a really savory delicious dish. Cinnamon apples would also be good.

For eggs, try vegetable fritatas.
    This recipe looks great, though I haven't tried it. Add cheese, or whatever you like!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/40-a-day/vegetable-frittata-recipe/index.html

You could also try making breakfast burritos, though you could opt out of the tortilla if you want it healthier. Scramble some eggs, the throw some organic canned beans (pinto or black) in the pan. Corn, cheese, onions, garlic, bell peppers, spicy peppers, tomatoes, salsa, potatoes, etc. Yummy and lots of protein between the eggs and beans.

And my favorite: homemade granola. Make a huge batch at the beginning of the week and you just have to pour yourself a bowl in the morning. I researched several recipes before creating my own so that it was the healthiest possible.

Sometimes, if I don't have any nuts, I just use rolled oats and honey and throw it on the pan. But sliced almonds and sunflower kernels make it extra delicious and add protein. If you measure out exactly how much of everything you use when making it, you can figure out the calorie content for the whole batch. You can also add dried fruit like cranberries, or any type of nuts you want.

Basically, take about 4-6 cups rolled oats, whatever amount of nuts and other ingredients that you like, (I usually use about a cup of each type of nuts/seeds). Add a little hot water to 1/2 cup honey-1 cup honey. Organic maple syrup also works really well. I also add a lot of cinnamon and vanilla extract to the honey for flavor. Mix it in with your oat and nut mixture until it's thoroughly coated. You may have to add more honey/maple syrup or oats. I usually don't measure and just throw stuff in the bowl until it looks yummy. Spread it out on a cookie sheet so it's sort of in little chunks, but not all touching. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes, take it out, and use a spatula to move it all around and essentially "flip", then bake for another 10 minutes. You can keep baking it a little longer if you like, but don't let it burn!

Other people like to add brown or white sugar, olive oil, and other ingredients that I don't add. I find that mine turns out sweet enough and fairly healthy without all the other crap.

I've also just mixed oats and honey and rolled them into cookie shaped patties before and cooked those. Essentially, they were just giant granola chunks, but I found them delicious and such an easy snack!

Granola is tasty with fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, or on it's own. Just beware of the unhealthy store brands. Make your own. :) And be creative. It's so addictive.
  • elizabethaustin
    Options
    Oh, and I've also been wanting to experiment making some sort of muffin type granola cakes recently and I wrote down a list of ingredients to try with.

Apple sauce, oats, eggs, apple chunks, cinnamon, baking powder/baking soda, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, nuts, peanut butter.

If anyone is feeling creative, I dare you to make something up! Flour or sugar might help, but I don't eat flour or sugar so I left those off of my list of possible ingredients.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with greek yogurt instead of milk, frozen wild blueberries, banana, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger (all mixed the night before), and in the morning, add either unsweetened shredded coconut or almond butter. LOVE. Or I'll add cocoa powder the night before and frozen raspberries.

Sometimes I'll have two eggs fried in farm butter (but leave the yolk runny) with chives sprinkled on top, eaten with two slices of Ezekiel bread (regular). Or an omelette with goat cheese and whatever veggies I have around, with the same Ezekiel toast.

My post-exercise breakfast, if I've burned a LOT, is two slices of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, each spread with almond butter and wrapped around a banana. Like a delicious cinnamony banana taco.

I clearly love breakfast a little TOO much... :x
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

breakfast of champions right there! I have the same :tongue: