Protein Powder

Options
What should I look for when buying a protein powder. There is so much to choose from that it's confusing. Any that you have tried that are good?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I look at the nutrition information. I prefer to get something with as little carbs and fat as possible as I get enough of those through other foods - a whey protein isolate usually does the trick.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I buy whey protein isolate from Bulk Barn.
  • jls1leather
    jls1leather Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some of them are loaded with sugar ... Check the labels.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like Arbonne and Amazing grass, both are vegan.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The whey protein isolates are also useful if you are lactose intolerant. They have no lactose.
  • cguevarra
    cguevarra Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    DebTavares wrote: »
    What should I look for when buying a protein powder. There is so much to choose from that it's confusing. Any that you have tried that are good?

To make this the easiest for you. there’s no need to buy expensive protein. I usually buy anything that’s on sale from the vitamin shoppe. Either Syntha 6 or Body Tech Pro24. Those two are great products. I’ve lost 30lbs with supplementing a meal or two for protein powder especially after workouts. No, I don’t work for any of those products I just know from experience with my weight loss journey.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    DebTavares wrote: »

I like myprotein they usually have coupon codes for discounts online and lots of flavours. I currently am using the glazed doughnut flavoured whey
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Some of them are loaded with sugar ... Check the labels.

Mass gainers are the only things I've ever seen "loaded with sugar"....
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am using dymatize iso 100 isolate. I am lactose intolerant and can't use whey concentrates. So far so good and flavours are awesome. It is a bit expensive though but then again isolates are tend to be more expensive than concentrates.
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If u aren't lactose Intolerant then optimum nutrition gold standard is a good option or anything from myprotein. They have discounts going on most of the time.