Hi!

Options
I joined MFP a month or so ago, but I've only decided today to actually use it! I'm a single, work at home mom with an active toddler. I'm finding that my weight is getting in the way of our lives more than ever- the more he wants to do, the more I realize I'm too big, too out of shape, too tired, etc to do! So, I've said enough!

Over the last couple years my weight has really ballooned. I've gone through 3 miscarriages, 1 baby, 3 moves, finding out my toddler has a speech disorder, and now a divorce. I've gave myself permission to eat when I was depressed (which has understandably been a lot lately), but no more. Now I'm going to give my permission to eat healthy and exercise...because I'M WORTH IT! It's taken my awhile to realize this, but I now believe it's true.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new and inspiring friends at MFP!

Replies

• Jinah06
    Options
    I joined MFP a month or so ago, but I've only decided today to actually use it! I'm a single, work at home mom with an active toddler. I'm finding that my weight is getting in the way of our lives more than ever- the more he wants to do, the more I realize I'm too big, too out of shape, too tired, etc to do! So, I've said enough!

Over the last couple years my weight has really ballooned. I've gone through 3 miscarriages, 1 baby, 3 moves, finding out my toddler has a speech disorder, and now a divorce. I've gave myself permission to eat when I was depressed (which has understandably been a lot lately), but no more. Now I'm going to give my permission to eat healthy and exercise...because I'M WORTH IT! It's taken my awhile to realize this, but I now believe it's true.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new and inspiring friends at MFP!
  • princesslisa88
    Options
    Hi there!

You have gone through so much and you are right , it is now time that you think about you! You can do this while having a toddler and caring for him! Do not let anyone rob you of the greatness that is inside of you! You are a warrior!!!!!!!!!!! Even warriors have bad days. The first step is to stop making excuses, stepping out on faith and focusing on what you want to accomplish!

I have been on MFP for a month or so now too. I have been using it to track my foods but today I have started to venture out and communicate with friends that have like goals....

You are worth it! You can do this. It's hard but every good decision adds up.

My name is Lisa. It's very nice to meet you!!!! LOVE the pup picture! I have 3 doggies... No kids... They are my kids for now.
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    Wow... soooo good for you..... its people like yourself that i look up too!!! Keep on truckin~~~
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    Wow... soooo good for you..... its people like yourself that i look up too!!! Keep on truckin~~~
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I just know you will love it here, if you don't already. I love this site. It is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that you made the right choice in joining this site and good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.