breakfast

Options
I'm in need of a breakfast start the day meal that's filling and low in calories. My problem is I have Chrohn's disease and have a very touchy digestive system. I don't process oats (for oatmeal), well, allergic to eggs!! & can't do hardly any dairy. Yogurt is ok on a minimal basis. I love granola stuff, but it's always filled with oats as the base. Any suggestions out there????

Replies

• terriesin
    terriesin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a suggestion for you. I'm not a breakfast person myself....MFP suggests a lot of potassium maybe a banana and something you would normally have for a lunch? Lunch is usually easy to prepare so it shouldn't take to long in the morning. Incase your rushed for time.
    Again I wish I had something for you but if you find something I'd love know. Because I'm not a breakfasts person & starting MFP I'm forcing myself to eat.
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    One thing I love is a toasted English muffin, peanut butter and fresh fruit (I like to use blueberries or raspberries), and make a sandwich out of it. It's yummy and very filling!!
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    Smoothies are also a great option....I use frozen fruit, protein powder, and unsweetened Silk and a little water.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    One thing I love is a toasted English muffin, peanut butter and fresh fruit (I like to use blueberries or raspberries), and make a sandwich out of it. It's yummy and very filling!!

That's a great idea and will definitely keep you full for a while!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Remember that just because it's breakfast doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast food. For a while, I was on a kick last winter where I was eating soup for breakfast. It was the perfect warm me up way to start my working day. (I often eat at my desk when I get to the office.)
  • vwinter
    vwinter Posts: 3
    Options
    Good call Cheri...never thought of that...I LOVE soups!!