Hello Everyone! I'm new to this any fellow veggies around?

Options
Hi everyone! I have been a vegetarian for 14 years, I recently discovered that I don't really like to eat food that much, and I am eating way under what I should be eating... which I would have thought would make me skinnier, not the case. Ha Ha. Well, I am trying to be more healthy & exercise more regularly.

I'd really like to know how other vegetarians or vegans are doing on this thing!

peace.

Replies

• Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Fellow vegetarian here. All the best with your journey, mfp has been a life saver for me. For real.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    yaay add me! I've been vegetarian all my life and about 4 months ago decided to be vegan =]
  • winterjade
    winterjade Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been Vegan since Dec of '09 and loving it! Welcome to the site :)
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years and I've found it's pretty easy to buck the stereotype of the skinny vegetarian. :) The problem in my family is dairy, sugar, and fat. My husband likes to make things with lots of butter and cheese. He honestly doesn't eat a big quantity of food, it's just high calorie.

As for me, I love to eat. I've started to try to eat a lot more vegetables (like salads) and when I do have extra calories, I'm trying to make good choices. I'm definitely a fan of beer if I have enough calories, but I'll also try to choose raw almonds instead of chocolate. It's pretty easy to make sure you're eating enough calories with nuts!
  • Blessedwithacurse
    Options
    I'm vegan! :) Hello!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There are loads of us around here! Add me if you like, I just started a couple of weeks ago. You could also do a search for vegetarians/vegans and you'll come up with lots of veggies you can connect with.
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! There have been quite a few veggie/vegan posts lately, look around and you'll find lots of friends! I've been vegan for about 8 years and was vegetarian for 7 before that. Good luck on here! I'll be happy to add you as a friend.
  • cmsiemsen
    cmsiemsen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Veggie here! You can add me if you want, I'm a great "friend" haha.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Vegan here! Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP! I've been vegetarian for 6 years! :D
  • sarsolina
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm not actually new to mfp (I've used it on my phone) but it's my first time on the webpage.
    NIce to know there are more like me out there =)
    Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Vegan here!
    Love being a veggie!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Fellow veggie!! We are going to take over the site! LOL
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie!! Like other's have said, there are tons of us on here ranging from Flexitarians to vegans. Welcome.