Need ideas and favorite recipes ?

Options
JamieCroyle
JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member

Mom said I have to cook one night a week . What are your favorite meals to cook ? I'm mostly looking for easy and simple ... Thanks in advance Have a blessed morning .

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Rather than cook what I like, why don't you learn to cook what you like?
  • KariKurstin
    KariKurstin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe that I just found that I'm trying out tonight. I'll link the recipe but I'll letcha know what's in it first:

Chicken breast, orzo pasta, and goat cheese vinaigrette (although, I'm sure you can substitute that for balsamic and olive oil or maybe if you marinate the chicken in Italian dressing before cooking it... or just experiment and have fun!!)

There are 599 calories per serving and 44 grams of protein (the reason I'm most excited to try it!)

https://realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/chicken-goat-cheese-vinaigrette
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Open-face tuna melt sandwiches are my favorite. Mix tuna with mayo, add some garlic powder and onion powder. Put it on a slice of bread (I like rye or ciabatta) with red onion or tomato slices, put some cheese on top. Put it under the broiler/toaster oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Easy, delicious, and I can bring it in at about 250 calories. Pickles and chips on the side. Be good to your mom and make her dinner! :) Good luck!
  • JamieCroyle
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Open-face tuna melt sandwiches are my favorite. Mix tuna with mayo, add some garlic powder and onion powder. Put it on a slice of bread (I like rye or ciabatta) with red onion or tomato slices, put some cheese on top. Put it under the broiler/toaster oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Easy, delicious, and I can bring it in at about 250 calories. Pickles and chips on the side. Be good to your mom and make her dinner! :) Good luck!

Thank you for the wonderful recipe. Have a great week.
  • JamieCroyle
    Options

I was looking for new ideas is Why I was asking sorry for posting...
  • JamieCroyle
    Options
    I have a recipe that I just found that I'm trying out tonight. I'll link the recipe but I'll letcha know what's in it first:

Chicken breast, orzo pasta, and goat cheese vinaigrette (although, I'm sure you can substitute that for balsamic and olive oil or maybe if you marinate the chicken in Italian dressing before cooking it... or just experiment and have fun!!)

There are 599 calories per serving and 44 grams of protein (the reason I'm most excited to try it!)

https://realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/chicken-goat-cheese-vinaigrette

I'm up for new foods and new recipe ideas... Thank you for your recipe. I do love pasta Thanks my friend
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

I was looking for new ideas is Why I was asking sorry for posting...

I would get some foodie magazines, basic recipe books, or browse recipe websites for inspiration. Put tabs on things you like, or save them in a folder. Look at the pictures, search for a specific ingredient or cuisine you enjoy... Or work your way through the recipes in order.
  • luv2eat222
    luv2eat222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love putting cooked pasta with cut up cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, parmesan and Italian dressing, paired with some grilled chicken. So easy and so delicious.
  • JamieCroyle
    Options
    luv2eat222 wrote: »
    I love putting cooked pasta with cut up cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, parmesan and Italian dressing, paired with some grilled chicken. So easy and so delicious.

• JamieCroyle
    Options
    We just had pasta tonite and I can make this with leftover pasta. Thank you