T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team! August 2011

Options
2»

Replies

• vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Checking in. Out of town for the week with nothing near me but a Sub Way/Mini Mart.

Time for bed.

Happy Losing...*Ü*...Vicki

PS--hang in there Dreamer. We all here for you...your health is important.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Checking in..Weighed this morning as i no doubt will miss again tomorrow due to not being able to weigh. I think i've got to get a proper scale as i weigh on the wii fit board. The problem is no only am i worried that i'll not be able to stop hopping on it all the time like so many on here seem to do but i also don't really have anywhere to store it between weigh ins.

Lost 4lb since last weigh in, was that last week or the week before? I was a bit suprised as i havent' seen that kind of number for a while. I am too addicted to sugar. I really need to stop but i can't seem to go a day without a cake or some chocolate. When i get back from scotland i'll make that a goal.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok, things have slowed down.... somewhat here. Finally had a chance to get in here and check in.

Took my daughter and 3 of her friends camping for her birthday. Fun times!!! Ate healthy... mostly fruits and veggies, grilled chicken and fresh crab cakes, walked lots, ate smores, had lots of water and spend an entire day on the beach reading a book. Does it get more relaxing?? I think not! Heard several people tell me Im crazy insane brave for going camping with 4 teenage girls but it was a blast! Will definitely make it a yearly ritual!

Have also finally got school figured out and will be registering to go back for fall. I can't register until the 25th, but found out that I'm about 1/2 done with the required credits I need to complete my AA Transfer degree. I do have to take health and PE still, so Im taking advantage of that to keep me in check when I start back in a month.

Good eating for me lately but I am not logging here on MFP. I have a journal that I write everything down in. The body bug is on the charger and Im gonna start using that tomorrow. No further loss as of yet, even though my eating is much better. Im starting the 30 day shred in the AM... so Im sure you'll all get the privelege of listening to me wine about how sore I am. :laugh: Anyone else have this program and if so... how did ya like it?
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Back from training in Olympia Friday night and took off for vacation Saturday morning at Lk Chelan! VERY relaxing week. Took a day and went to Wenatchee (the BIG city in our neck of the woods) to do some "foundation" shopping. Gad underwear is expensive! Needed them though (uppers and lowers)...I was afraid to get in an accident with the tattered stuff in my top drawer.

So eating the c-wrap from training took a toll on the scale...but quickly dropped it over vacation. Now just need to loose the 3+ pound I've gained since my lowest from MFP.

First day back at the Department in over two weeks....can't WAIT to see what the officers have left on my desk...Ü

Chat with ya later....I hope!

Happy losing...Vicki...Ü
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My husband has decided to Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boop us to Disneyland for the weekend of the 16th. Our son will be there (with his girlfriend) & we're going to call his cellphone, ask him what ride he is on & wait for him at the end of the ride to surprise him.
    Now I know that I will not be walking by that time, which means I get to rent an ECV(Electric Convenience Vehicles - aka electronic wheelchair) & get bumped to the front of all lines because I will come in through the exits. :tongue: Hey there has to be a little justice on my behalf after everything I've gone thru. :wink:
    We are also planning to spend our 20th wedding anniversary in Hawaii next June visiting the Big Island & Maui. So, once I am able to start walking again - look out. I will be making up for lost time when it comes to exercising & losing the pounds I've gained so I don't look like a beached whale.
    Since I am unable to do much around the house, I have spent the days working on a travel booklet for our 2012 vacation. I actually do this for every family vacation that we have taken & they have come in handy.
    I go back to the doctor on the 29th & am hoping he will tell me that I can start physical therapy & start putting some weight on this foot. I know that I still have a long road ahead of me, but the sooner I start the better. So, soon I hope to be able to report (again) the exercise that I have done & the pounds that I have lost. :happy:
  • vikalyn
    Options
    WooHoo Dreamer!

Disneyland...then Hawaii! I want to vacation with you! My little ol' vacation was 50 miles down the road, in a crowded RV park with friends (the best part). We got married on Maui...almost 36 years ago. I would LOVE to go back one more time.

What is "skateboarding"?

Gotta get ready for work....chat later! Keep up the good attitude!

Ü
  • Tennessee2019
    Options
    Determined to make my life better, determined to keep fighting when there seems to be no fight left, to cry when I need to, to laugh as I can, to love always I took my first couple of steps today with no assistance - so things are looking up!!!!
    I guess I spoke too soon!!! 2 months after my surgery, while putting my brace on tonight, my husband finds another staple that was left in my heel & has to pull it out!!! So that makes a total of 61 staples removed from my foot. I'm so tempted to call the doctor in the moring & say "you missed one" & just might.
    1st physical therapy appointment today. I burned 149 calories doing 11 minutes of "Stationary bike" because he put me on there & forgot about me.My foot didn't really start aching until about 7 minutes into it - but like the Energizer bunny, I kept going & going & going because it felt SO good to exercise again. I have graduated to a walker now & am able to put a little bit of weight on my foot. I will be returning the scooter to the place we rented it from on Wednesday - YAY!!! My physical therapist wants me to continue using the walker for another week & then will teach me how to use a cane. Can you say PROGRESS?
  • vikalyn
    Options
    *Ü*...I'm here and cheering you on!
  • Tennessee2019
    Options
    Operation Weight Loss has begun (again) for me. I've lost 1 lost pound since my last weigh-in on the 28th. I'M BACK!!! Motivated & ready to drop these pounds. :happy: My ticker below shows no weight loss because I am not lower than what I was when I started MFP.
    I only wish I was allowed to burn calories by walking around Disneyland this weekend, but my p/t says NO WAY & has confined me to a ECV (Electric Convenience Vehicle) while we are at the parks. Oh well, at least I'll get to the front of the lines for all the rides, due to my ECV. :tongue: