Fitness Success with these dvds & wii games ??

Options
Just realized I have a few weight loss dvd's / games...

DVDS:

1. 30 Day Shred - Jillian Michaels
2. Cardio Dance Workout (has 3 different dances in it, the girls wearing a jean looking 2 piece outfit on the front)

Games: ( All for Wii )
1. My Fitness Coach 2 - (AMAZING GAME - LOTS OF FUN AND DIFFERENT WORKOUTS)
2. Wii Fit ( I like the games, but dont think they really do anything? )
3. Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum
4. Gold Gym Cardio Workout
5. EA Active Sports

Let me know if you have tried any of these!

Replies

• lframent
    lframent Posts: 33
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, but I feel the same way!
    But I'm envious of 30 Day Shred! I want to get it - I've heard good things about it. :)
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Just finished Jillians Ripped in 30.

Have her 30 day shred and gonna start is shortly... like by the end of the week.

I love Jillian and yes she works great! I posted progress pix of my legs yesterday... they show it clearly!

DO IT
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    sorry, none of those, but i have Debbie Seiber's Slim in 6 beach body. I lost 24lbs and 40 inches in 6 months, but if you stick with them, (lots of good reviews for jillian) you'll see results in no time :)
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    Anyhting chalene johnson (turbo fire, turbojam , chalean extreme, ect) i also reallylike rev abs.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have 4 of Davina's DVDs and they are great, you certainly know it the next day.
  • Dide215
    Dide215 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I went with the EA Active Personal Trainer 1 & 2. I have to say Personal Trainer 2 gave me a better workout n has me sweating like crazy while also having fun. I bought that at Walmart for $12.50 n i love the fact that it comes with a heart rate monitor n a hands free monitor that u put on ur thigh. I really recommend these for u. I have the wii fit n I have to say i dont get half of an intense workout as i do with personal trainer. I also have the jillian game n to me, they dont compare to the personal trainer.
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haven't used any of those, but I have been using Turbo Fire for the last 8 weeks and I've dropped 18 lbs and 6 inches off my waist! I just bought Zumba for the Wii as well. You can definitely have a great work out with DVDS and Wii games.
  • maritimemom
    Options
    I have only used DVDs & Wii games for the last 3 months (beside the occasional walk outside or at the beach) and I've lost 30lbs. :)

I have tried the 30 Day Shred and it was good but I injured my ankle because it's so high impact (a lot of jumping i.e. jumping jacks & jump rope). I also have the Wii Fit but I don't like it as much for working out...more for fun with the family. Other than that, I use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos, Just Dance 2 on the Wii (great burn with continuous play!) and The Biggest Loser Challenge for the Wii.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your fitness level. After 42 sedentary years, some of the wii games were great exercise. A month later, some still are but others are feeling easy. I could see where I could outgrow most of them as exercise as I get more in shape.