hello!! i'm new :)

Options
Hi everyone! I am a 30 year old mother of 6 living in Ireland who needs to lose lots and lots of pounds. Have had a weight problem for at least the last 10 years, so having spent my 20's fat and unfit I would like to spend my 30's slim and fit :)
Has anyone got tips on keeping motivated? Good luck to everyone, hope you all reach your goals :)

Replies

• emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp! this place is great for motivation and losing wieght.
    One good thing about this site is when you log your calories you can make your food diary public, so anything you are eating (so long as you are honest) can be viewed by your mfp friends. Which means no hiding a sneaky cookie or glass of wine! also when you see how good others are doing it inspires you to do the same.
    Feel free to add me if you wish. good luck!
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitness pal and good luck. There are plenty of people here to support you. When I started about two months ago people welcomed me with open arms. You can do it
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanie,

I'm relatively new to this site as well. I've battled weight my entire life. Thankfully, I've not let myself get too, too out of control, but I've yet to get to a place where staying fit is part of my lifestyle. Still working on that though. On this site, at first I wasn't logging in daily; more like every 3 days. Now, I'm checking in daily and logging my food, water and exercise and can see improvement in my motivation to keep doing so. The information is here at your fingertips regarding calorie intake and then the site gives you motivational or honest feedback on completing your daily food journal. Also regarding journaling, it's key to determining where you're going wrong in food choices; i.e., those things we tell ourselves "can't be that bad" only to find out they are worse than we thought - so to speak. Anyway, by using the tools provided by this site, I'm beginning to see some changes occurring. :smile:

Kudos to myfitnesspal! :bigsmile:

Best wishes to you too, Joanie! :flowerforyou:

Lori
  • queenpre
    Options
    Welcome to you guys too....I feel so young...I'm only 17 actually, and in order to sign up you have to be at least 18, and i couldn't wait another year! So now I am trying to lose 20 pounds, because within the last two or three months I have been 197 pounds. Recently I have been to the doctor and, my doctor suggested this website to me. I am just now deciding to get involved with my weight so I can be fit! I'm just really hoping that this diet will really help me a lot, because at the end I don't want to feel I wasted my time!
  • bordersmommy
    Options
    This is my second day. I am a mom of 2, working full time and working on my PhD. I am here to support you just as I pray you can support me. The way I look at it, if I am not healthy, how can I ensure the best, healthiest life for my kids. They are my inspiration and motivation! Look close to your heart and home because no matter how much support we give you, you are the ultimate motivator. Lots of love and prayers for you and from one mom to another, I know you can do it!
  • JoleenHitsPlay
    Options
    You have found the right place!!! You can friend me! This place keeps you motivated and honest. I would suggest you find an exercise program that works for you and realize exercise has to be a way of life for you!!!! I also think using the food diary is a must and I love MFP!!! I decided to get a lap band, but it is a very personal decision it is a tool and it is very very hard to use not easy! I wouldn't suggest surgery unless you have thought about it throughly of course!!! You can friend me and it helps to have motivation in your real life too!!! Good luck you can do it!!!

Joleen