Been off track

Options
The past week I have been off track. I got frustrated that the number on the scale was not dropping fast enough. I was on a 1200 calorie diet and following it to a tee. I was hungry. Also my knee was killing me and I was unable to workout. So needless to say I was feeling sorry for myself. So when a co-worker brought cake to work I ate it! That just started the fire!!! I have been eating a lot since that time! I can only say I stayed on track once this week. The knee is still killing me so working out is probably not gonna happen. Tonight we are having a potluck at my work for a co-worker who is leaving us soon. There is going to be tons of awsome food and I want to partake! I hate feeling left out a deprived but I hate feeling fat as well. To make it worse my boss is probably gonna bring us Panera in the morning. AHHHHHHH. Am I ever gonna get back on track. I have to see my personal trainer today and I feel like a complete failure! I really don't want to tell him of my faliure this week! Why can't I be one of the lucky ones who can eat whatever I want and still stay stick thin? Is that too much to ask? Oh well, sorry for venting!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Relax! :) Enjoy the food that's going around for the potluck, especially. And if you feel that strongly, just say NO to the Panera, unless you can find something relatively healthy. You will get back on track and your personal trainer would be a hypocrite if he is upset with you for "falling off the wagon" because even fitness experts splurge on food sometimes :)

If you need that extra support, feel free to add me. I have a support group as well if you're interested! You can do this!!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Everybody has their off days/weeks. I for one am more often "off" than I am "on" as well! You'll get back on track, don't worry. Allow yourself the odd treats and then it will be easier to maintain better habits. Speaking from experience, I find it impossible to be good 100% of the time! It just makes me want more bad stuff!

Don't worry!

Have a fresh start after tomorrow!

:-)
  • lwilso65
    lwilso65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!

We all go off the track now and again. Don't worry about it. You have many more weeks to make up for it! I have been off track for the last few weeks!! the thing is remember that even though you have treated yourself a few times, you'll be lucky if it's enough to be maintaining your weight anyway. If you eat a little more at worst you will maintain what you have lost already!!!! don't worry. My colleagues bring food in all the time too for birthdays and stuff. Today is another one with chocolate cake, I haven't had any though. Just allow yourself a little bit of some really nice things tonight. Choose a small piece of everything and just remember you have the rest of the week. As for your knee, you have the rest of your body!! there are other things to do and your personal trainer will advise you what to do!!

Lou :-D
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and don't give up. We fall off the wagon sometimes but get back on. I have been off for 5 days but i started back up yesterday. I am committed with a new fire. Maybe you want to switch up what you are eating on the diet. You know on 1200 calories diet you will lose about a 1 to 2 pounds a week so check your weight weekly.
  • NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and don't give up. A healthier you is a marathon, not a sprint. You are going to have good days and bad days. Just keep doing what you know is right! Have a great day.
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've fell off the wagon countless times since I started losing weight almost 19 months ago! The best thing to do pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start again.

My last fall lasted a couple of months... I just couldn't find the motivation at all, but after realising that I'd gained 14lbs of my loss back and my bridesmaids dress wouldn't fit I decided I NEEDED to get back on the wagon. That was last Wednesday.... I've logged my foods religiously, I've prepared my lunches the night before, I've drank my 8 glasses of water per day and I've been weighing every morning so that I can keep a better track of what I'm doing.... and the weight has been sliding right off!
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    I too have those moments where I get sick and fed up not seeing any weightloss on the scale and go on a binge that last about a month and spend each day telling myself how bad I have been! You'll get through it and come out stronger and wiser on the otherside!

I have set a mini goal for myself to prove that I can get through 3 weeks without 'cheating' or binging.... I am on my 8th day and so far so good! Don't beat yourself up about it! You'll be back on track in no time again!
  • audweaver
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the encouragment! It really does mean a lot!