Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Anything from BWW.
    Almost anything from Sonic.

back when I was losing and learning about foods: nuts, nut butters. I still eat them, of course, but know they are calorific.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is the most disappointing for me. I love peanut butter. However, I have found that PB2 is not a bad replacement for it. It's not like the real thing but it's close.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Nuts, nut butter, starbucks fraps, cheese, pasta, breads,
    All these things that when I measure.... the serving looks so small :(
    I order my Frappuccino with 2%milk and without the whipped cream on top. I don’t miss it at all and it cuts a lot of calories out. Whipped cream is just a waste of calories, imo.

You're not saving much by omitting the whipped cream. I think the whip is like 60 calories? You could swap the 2% for almond milk which would save more. The difference between 2% and whole milk isn't very much either. But the difference between almond and whole milk is quite a bit. Unless you like the 2% and in that case, keep it.
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Everything I've eaten all my life :D Pancake, muffin, donut, cheesecake... I rarely eat these anymore and it's just so sad :(
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs! One chicken thigh (normal size) is 450+ calories. I mean... I still eat them because they’re delicious but man they knock my calories out!
  • nevermind18
    nevermind18 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Gin. Life is cruel. 😢 Also fruit, which we’re taught is healthy. Life is confusing.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs! One chicken thigh (normal size) is 450+ calories. I mean... I still eat them because they’re delicious but man they knock my calories out!

I'm thinking that must be including the skin. If you switched to skinless it would be a lot less than that.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Saw this one this morning:
    Cheesecake Factory’s 2,700-calorie breakfast burrito among “winners” of the Xtreme Eating Awards
    https://thetakeout.com/cheesecake-factory-s-2-700-calorie-breakfast-burrito-am-1827892867
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I spent some time in the city as a student and discovered the perks of being a cityslicker came with a high calorie price. Lol Seems like anything that isn't homemade is very high in calorie compared to it's benefit.
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

I'm thinking that must be including the skin. If you switched to skinless it would be a lot less than that.

But skin is delicious :lol:
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,466 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Cheesecake Factory’s 2,700-calorie breakfast burrito among “winners” of the Xtreme Eating Awards
    https://thetakeout.com/cheesecake-factory-s-2-700-calorie-breakfast-burrito-am-1827892867

Oh god...
    I can't even imagine....
    But then I've been to Utah national parks earlier this year and had real problems finding just simple breakfasts, but especially dinners to kind of fit my calories. It was so hard (and I don't eat molten cheese, eggs, mushrooms and other things commonly used). Especially Bryce Canyon was difficult.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What about muffins, I would've never thought they were so high in calories.....At the opposite spectrum, I used to think donuts were high in calories, but they are actually not bad.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You can make some decent home made muffins that are lower in calories, store bought muffins are all sugar and all fat.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You can make some decent home made muffins that are lower in calories, store bought muffins are all sugar and all fat.
    Well that could be with any food, if we control the ingredients, for sure we can make them all healthy.

I was talking about store bought. Before I even knew about nutrition and calories, I always associated muffins as healthy and something that wouldn't make me gain weight opposed to donuts which I thought could make you fat. Nowadays, when it comes to calories, I've learned that store bought donuts have way less calories than store bought muffins. I expected the opposite.
  • Zaid_89
    Zaid_89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For peanut butter lovers !! Try the pbfit peanut butter powder !! It’s awesome
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Avocado and salmon. Compared to other vegetables and fish those are high calorie.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Desserts in general, as you can be at over 100 calories with just a few small bites. Sometimes I still get surprised at how high calorie some items are, like these cupcakes I saw at Whole Foods a while ago. A couple of them are 920 calories, and they're not even oversized cupcakes.
    oz8youx29yf7.jpg
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

In case anyone (like me) was wondering what they put into this burrito: https://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/eggs-omelettes-sunday-brunch/eggs-omelettes/breakfast-burrito/