New - and need some friends!

Options
disawell
disawell Posts: 102 Member
Hi, my name is Di and I am a 28 a year old SAHM of 2 kiddies. I have a little girl (6) and a little boy (2). I have never been thin, but I would like to get back down to a size 16 (where I was 10 years ago) so I can wear regular fashions instead of "fat chick" clothes which are kind of kaftan-ey tent-y things. For me that would be so awesome and a loss of 4 dress sizes. So I want to lose about 30kg (66lb). I don't even know if this is possible, but I'm willing to try, but I am going to need a LOT of support!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Welcome
    Feel free to add me

Shaz ;o)
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you can do it. you will get loads of support on here. good luck x
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It's possible, it's very very possible ~smiles~ and this is a great place for support and information to help you on your way!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Of course it is possible. Take your time and don't get discouraged. Log your food and get moving and you will reach your goal. Set small goals in between and celebrate when you reach one of them. Buy yourself something new or take your self out for a pedicure. No food rewards!
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    i wish u good luck
    feel free to add :D
  • Mellis24
    Options
    You can do it.. Just take one day at time! You will feel so much better :) Feel free to add me. I will be glad to support you and I need support to :smile:
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    anythings possible when you put your mind to it!!:wink: welcome and good luck!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can absolutely do it!! MFP has all the tools and support you need. Good luck reaching your goals!! Feel free to add me if you like :happy:
  • jacksonkm2001
    jacksonkm2001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome. Im also a newbie. am a SAHM of one and with 64lbs to lose. wish you luck and will send a request. :happy:
  • mr5000i
    mr5000i Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Steve and I have been using MFP on and off for about 2 months. I have lost 7 kg's which is around 15.5 pounds. The frustrating thing is I know that I could have lost more if I stick with MFP , I know what I have to do but sometimes I just cant help but to give into temptation, my will is not strong enough. The one thing I have not had alot of is support,partly because I am embarrassed to talk about this to start with, but I think it will be different because we all have the same goals.

Good luck to all!!
  • carolineJ82
    carolineJ82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! xxx
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you have come to the right place.
  • minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, hope you get the result you want, you can add me if you want too.
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Anything is possible. Log your food and take your time. Good luck
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Di, You've come to the right place for support and motivation. Sending a friend request your way. :)
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Hello MR5000i and disawell!!! Keep track of what you eat, even if you have days where you go over board - just put it in the journal anyway. Its not about shame, its about awareness of what you are eating. Once you are aware, you can then see what you can change. Its not perfect, but nothing is, so just keep the momentum moving toward your goals and you will wake up one day a be there. :) Keep going!!! You can do it!!
  • Jayfitness27
    Options
    Welcome!

Feel free to add me as well :)

My introduction was quite a bit long ... but if you have the time would love to hear from you :)
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome...
    Feel free to add me if you like...

This is the best place for support and encouragement...
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hi ya not sure if you are english or usa'n! but add me if you need to talk and don't look at you have 60 lb to loose look at it as 6 lots of 10lb to loose it's ALOT more manageable!
    i still have another 50/60 lb to go so you are welcome to hitch a ride with me...so to speak...the more ACTIVE users you can find the better
    add me if you want and if you need anything AT ALL i CAN help you x