Hi all I am new too

Options
I am 27 and the heaviest I have ever been. I am looking to lose about 30lbs to 35lbs and seem to find sticking to a diet really hard. My boyfriend likes to eat lots and loves chocolate and cakes and just general bad food and this makes it hard fro me to stick to a diet. When I lived at home my mum always ate very healthy with lots of salads but as he wont eat veg or salads I find myself cutting them out too as cooking 2 different dinners is hard work after a long day in the office! I also am learning a new trade so am also working to evenings a week and saturdays so just seems hard to find the time to go to the gym as much as I used to.

I am determined this time to do my best as I am really unhappy with the way i look and it is really starting to get me down. I look at pictures sometimes and it makes me really upset I am hoping joining MFP I can get my eating habits back to normal! Any support is welcome :)

Good luck to all!

Replies

• shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to MFP -its a great site and everybody is so supportive.
    Feel free to add me
    ;o)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • pankait88
    pankait88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    haha my boyfriend loves cake and all sweets too!! its hard when its around all the time ive been there. welcome back and good luck to you :smile:
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm jut like that hate my picture taken head shots only please at least for now...check out the recipe section too there are some low cal recipes there I've tried a few and they were good....good luck on your weight loss journey
  • mburns7402
    Options
    Good luck! A couple of hints I found useful:

1) Set a realistic calorie goal at first, then if you are continually under your goal drop it some!
    2) You'll find you need to do cardio to stay under your goal, at least 3 to 4 times per week.
    3) Don't skip breakfast! Add snacks throughout the day and make your evening meals small!

Staying on track will be easier the longer your on the program!
  • BekJ
    BekJ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is such a great start point...
    So much support and encouragement.

Feel free to add me...
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. feel free to add me i know what it is like having a life like that.