Hobbies and skills?

Replies

• creeunit
    creeunit Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2018
    cbjkckjb0f9d.jpeg
    I love dancing in Pow Wows, this is me in my regalia, this is the type of dance you would find at any North American pow wow, I dance northern traditional men’s. Along with the dancing I love making the various parts of all the regalia, from working with the feathers and adding more and more “stuff” to my outfit. 😊😊
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I do a lot of stuff.. including playing Magic: the Gathering, lol. I can't dedicate myself to anything full time.

unz3l3xh3jff.jpg
    f4ak4bnu1my0.jpg
    h6x9tban6vo0.jpg
    6hjzswmgxp5c.jpg
    fn83hw6hc7dd.jpg
    0nmsvnp64fim.jpg
    zpofkggyqogs.jpg
    3tkw4kzc9dzs.jpg

I am always super impressed with your talent! You're awesome!! 👍☺️😻
  • gungirljenn
    gungirljenn Posts: 26 Member
    Competitive shooting
    96h90ks12vrt.jpeg
    c9byb3060o4e.jpeg
    jfy5rgrt4p55.jpeg
    wwarc06250ak.jpeg
    c3l6aq3458al.jpeg
    agh220r6ji0f.jpeg
    s7grlzqsppo7.jpeg
    h9osqj92w617.jpeg
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited July 2018
    Competitive shooting
    96h90ks12vrt.jpeg
    c9byb3060o4e.jpeg
    jfy5rgrt4p55.jpeg
    wwarc06250ak.jpeg
    c3l6aq3458al.jpeg
    agh220r6ji0f.jpeg
    s7grlzqsppo7.jpeg
    h9osqj92w617.jpeg

This is absolutely awesome!
  • gungirljenn
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Competitive shooting

Thanks! It is a ton of fun, challenging, and I've met all of my best friends through it.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    I do a lot of stuff.. including playing Magic: the Gathering, lol. I can't dedicate myself to anything full time.

unz3l3xh3jff.jpg
    f4ak4bnu1my0.jpg
    h6x9tban6vo0.jpg
    6hjzswmgxp5c.jpg
    fn83hw6hc7dd.jpg
    0nmsvnp64fim.jpg
    zpofkggyqogs.jpg
    3tkw4kzc9dzs.jpg

This is very good.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    I'd consider myself a "Jack of all trades" when it comes to various hobbies and skills. But, one of my passions is archery.

I make these
    2ccqaac.jpg

To shoot various types of these
    2u97ty8.jpg15nk2a1.jpg

At many different types of these:
    34s1643.jpgqofzvp.jpg11294x4.jpg

Sometimes, I miss..
    2ujmi4z.jpg
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Competitive shooting

Thanks! It is a ton of fun, challenging, and I've met all of my best friends through it.

When I was in the Marines we would shoot up to 500 yds on the range with our M16. I loved it. I never did any really long range shooting but I always found the stories about Carlos Hathcock amazing. Big props to you.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Some of my hobbies and skills bleed into one another, but here is a bit about me...

I'm a professionally trained make up artist, including prosthetics and special FX.

I can cook a mean dish.

I have been told that I have an eye for interior design and I really enjoy it.

I enjoy building things, I hope to start a new project one day in the near future. I've built a harvest table, a bench and a coffee table with old barn wood, built it the old fashioned way, not one nail or screw was used :)

I read Tarot cards for fun.

I enjoy the study of Physics, Metaphysics, Biology and Space.

I'm a vocalist/lyricist, mostly Hard Rock but I've written and recorded Trip Hop as well as R and B style songs.

Although it's been a while, Im pretty sure I can still tear it up on the basketball court ;)

Hmmm a vocalist and lyricist you say?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Competitive shooting
    96h90ks12vrt.jpeg
    c9byb3060o4e.jpeg
    jfy5rgrt4p55.jpeg
    wwarc06250ak.jpeg
    c3l6aq3458al.jpeg
    agh220r6ji0f.jpeg
    s7grlzqsppo7.jpeg
    h9osqj92w617.jpeg

Awesome! Looks like a good mix of long range, three gun, and other types of shooting.
  • gungirljenn
    Competitive shooting

Awesome! Looks like a good mix of long range, three gun, and other types of shooting.

Yep. 3 Gun, PRS, and USPSA. Do you shoot? I see you are into archery. That's awesome!
  • gungirljenn
    Competitive shooting

When I was in the Marines we would shoot up to 500 yds on the range with our M16. I loved it. I never did any really long range shooting but I always found the stories about Carlos Hathcock amazing. Big props to you.

It is a lot of fun. You should go try it! There are some that shoot .223 for the long range game. Most shoot 6mm or 6.5mm but some do .308 or .223 to get started.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Competitive shooting

Yep. 3 Gun, PRS, and USPSA. Do you shoot? I see you are into archery. That's awesome!

I'm much more of a recreational shooter than anything. Mostly skeet/trap and paper targets. Some hunting. Really should get to the range more than I do.

But, I enjoy archery much more than I do firearms. Do you shoot archery at all?

Agree with you about meeting some of the best people have known through the sport (for both archery and firearms).
  • gungirljenn
    I'm much more of a recreational shooter than anything. Mostly skeet/trap and paper targets. Some hunting. Really should get to the range more than I do.

But, I enjoy archery much more than I do firearms. Do you shoot archery at all?

Agree with you about meeting some of the best people have known through the sport (for both archery and firearms). [/quote]

No, I've never tried archery. I think it would be fun!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    No, I've never tried archery. I think it would be fun!

I think you'd do quite well with it given your other hobby. Different style of shooting. Best part is you don't have to spend all the time cleaning up afterwards. Not to mention the ammo is reusable. ;)

Always looking for people to go to the range with, and enjoy introducing people to archery. Open invite if we're ever in the same area.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    My hobby is coonhounds. I love the coonhound breeds. I have 2 coonhounds (a walker and a bluetick) and a Lab Mix. I rescued them all. I also enjoy painting and reading books - yes, I am a nerd. And I like to write. And I enjoy wildlife.

Skills: I love to cook, and am quite good at it. I understand military technology, especially how it relates to dealing with other countries defense needs (I used to do this for a living). I was also very good at managing people. Interpersonal relations in the work enviroment has been a passionate interest of mine.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    I'd consider myself a "Jack of all trades" when it comes to various hobbies and skills. But, one of my passions is archery.

I make these
    2ccqaac.jpg

To shoot various types of these
    2u97ty8.jpg15nk2a1.jpg

At many different types of these:
    34s1643.jpgqofzvp.jpg11294x4.jpg

Sometimes, I miss..
    2ujmi4z.jpg

Awesome! I'm getting into it myself...just shooting in my back yard with like this so called hybrid bow. Like a longbow but it's a recurve but just barely. Awesome sport!

It's definitely a lot of fun, and I use it to plan trips and travel across the US shooting at different events and tournaments. Good luck with it!