From dad bod to stage bod (w/ pics)

Options
My weight loss challenge started in preparation for my destination wedding to my beautiful wife. After being pleased with my results post wedding, I decided to challenge myself by entering a Physique Competition. In efforts to lose body fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible I employed a cutting method (macronutrient). My transformation took a year. By the time the competition came I lost a total of 50lbs :smile: 0fu8gijrku06.png
6hic7o8c90s1.jpg
82vq2m365hc5.png
5b6dxwqaqvqr.jpg
7qkxfgc6td1l.jpg
aqimb31vxvy3.jpg
3aoauccdvw1j.jpg
9f208tfcjgo5.jpg
2h7qdbpi166n.jpg

Replies

• AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Congrats!! That’s amazing!!! I was just saying to my husband I want to see similar pics for woman so I know I can do it. You should be so proud!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Well done!
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow! You should be proud of your accomplishment! Strong work.
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Excellent results, how big was your weekly calorie deficit and what macro split did you run?
  • Fitnessinyour40s
    Fitnessinyour40s Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tic78 wrote: »
    Excellent results, how big was your weekly calorie deficit and what macro split did you run?

At the beginning of the year i was taking in 200gs of protein, 175gs of carbs, and 50gs of fat. I did 45 min of fasted cardio Every morning as well. My Physique started taking shape 8 weeks out from the show. I incorporated a three day low carb cycle in which I took in 115gs of carbs, 200gs of protein, and 50gs of fat. On my refeed days I'd simply bring the carbs up to 175gs. That's why in some of the pics I appeared flat. Hope that helps :smile:
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Out standing ☺
  • TheFutureMrsLewis
    TheFutureMrsLewis Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Holy cow amazing job!
  • Tic78
    edited July 2018
    Options

At the beginning of the year i was taking in 200gs of protein, 175gs of carbs, and 50gs of fat. I did 45 min of fasted cardio Every morning as well. My Physique started taking shape 8 weeks out from the show. I incorporated a three day low carb cycle in which I took in 115gs of carbs, 200gs of protein, and 50gs of fat. On my refeed days I'd simply bring the carbs up to 175gs. That's why in some of the pics I appeared flat. Hope that helps :smile:

That really helps. How many times a week did you lift weights? Guessing low carb days on non training days?

Also just turned 40, my cutting calories are 185g p 200g c and 50g fat. Was getting fed up with my cut but your pics have inspired me to keep going another 8-10 weeks. I’m 172lbs at the minute but I am no where near yr bf levels, closer to your 170lbs picture. If I could get even down to 10% I would be happy, will try the lower carb days. Thanks
  • Fitnessinyour40s
    Options

That really helps. How many times a week did you lift weights? Guessing low carb days on non training days?

Also just turned 40, my cutting calories are 185g p 200g c and 50g fat. Was getting fed up with my cut but your pics have inspired me to keep going another 8-10 weeks. I’m 172lbs at the minute but I am no where near yr bf levels, closer to your 170lbs picture. If I could get even down to 10% I would be happy, will try the lower carb days. Thanks

I hear ya. Im 45 years old. It's tough! The carb cycle was my last phase. As far as lifting I did a one day split. Two days on, one day off. But if my schedule was yo hectic I did a push, pull, leg week. Monday push exercises (chest, tri, shoulders). Wednesday pull exercises (back and Biceps). Friday legs.
    Hope this helps!
  • Tic78
    edited July 2018
    Options
    That’s great, yes it helps to know I am on the right track. Amazing how much difference that last 5-10lbs can make! Never tried to lower my bf% before so helps to know I am hopefully going in right direction.

What will you do next? Maintain or lean bulk?
  • Fitnessinyour40s
    Options
    That’s great, yes it helps to know I am on the right track. Amazing how much difference that last 5-10lbs can make! Never tried to lower my bf% before so helps to know I am hopefully going in right direction.

What will you do next? Maintain or lean bulk?

Keep at it! That's the hard part, being patient and remembering fat loss is a marathon not a sprint. My gamelan is to lean bulk and gain 1lb-2lbs a month. But first i gotta get back to my baseline weight and drop the water weight I gained from a weeks worth of celebrations. Good luck!
  • Tic78
    Options
    Thanks same to you 👍
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What a phenomenal job!!! I loved seeing the transition from Week 16 at 163 to Week 28 at 165. Your physique changed dramatically with very little scale weight difference.
  • Fitnessinyour40s
    Options
    Wow!!! What a phenomenal job!!! I loved seeing the transition from Week 16 at 163 to Week 28 at 165. Your physique changed dramatically with very little scale weight difference.

Thanks! That's why many say not to focus on that scale too much. Those refeed days really gives the body its needed nutrients too, especially when we're at caloric deficits. Also keeps that metabolism moving :smile:
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly awesome results and great job. now for the stuff i always ask when i dont see it. how tall are you? It is great to see comparisons and I am 5' 10" and 52yo.
  • jackw66
    jackw66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How Long did it take you to get rid of the dad bodd?? I'm just started 2 months in any help would be amazingqlb76uf4m9y3.jpeg
  • Fitnessinyour40s
    Options
    jackw66 wrote: »
    How Long did it take you to get rid of the dad bodd?? I'm just started 2 months in any help would be amazingqlb76uf4m9y3.jpeg

It was a 9 month process for me. You got this!
  • Fitnessinyour40s
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Holy Moly awesome results and great job. now for the stuff i always ask when i dont see it. how tall are you? It is great to see comparisons and I am 5' 10" and 52yo.

Im 5'9
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!