overnight shift food ideas--HELP!

Options
ok, so for seven nights straight i work from 5pm to 6am at a hospital. the cafe is not open so whatever i bring is what i eat. i need easy, quick ideas as i have an hour commute both ways so i pack food and eat breakfast lunch dinner and my snacks all at work, i have a fridge there and a micro but that is eat. i am really not into the lean cuisines except for once a week, if that. shoot any and all food ideas at me, i would love to be able to not have to be so confused as to what to take. I also have a locker so I can buy stuff and keep it there. sometimes the pharmacy is dead but sometimes i am crazy busy so the easier the better. thanks for any help you can give!

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • luckystar8131
    Options
    I would try maybe the Progresso soups. I used to do WW before this and I would eat those a lot for lunch. They were yummy and filling. Just make sure you get the broth ones and not the cream ones. Also for breakfast you can make scrammled eggs in a coffee mug in the microwave. And add some lowfat cheese...yummy! Good luck!
  • tracy9301
    tracy9301 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How about granola bars, light popcorn, fruit and lots of water. I use work this same shift before kids. In the produce isle, their are packs of apple slices, cups of fruit and maybe yogurt.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness. let's begin. you're talking to a non-cooking person here, so there are many possibilities depending on how much space you have in that fridge of yours at work and whether or not people will eat your food, lol

if you have a locker you could buy some plastic or bring some real utensils/bowls and keep cereal in there.
    NUTS, NUTS, NUTS. . .currently I'm in love with nutella w/ almonds.
    sandwiches of any kind. you could keep deli sliced turkey, or chicken, or ham in the work fridge.
    protein shakes like EAS, or Special K are good.
    protein/fiber bars
    fruits other than bananas because they go bad so easily. bring those for lunch or keep a good supply at work.
    keep milk in the fridge. i love organic milk, and yogurt.
    drink all your water.
    for your sweet tooth, weight-watchers has small 1point chocolate treats.
    Pop-chips are an amazing invention.
    Salads - you can buy pre-made salads just check the serving sizes per package because they are sneaky ways to OD on the calories. or you can buy some mixed greens or spinach, a fruit, and some nuts which is all i need for a salad. sunflower seeds are a good choice.
    bagels in the fridge/cream cheese for breakfast

-hope this list of randomness helps
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruit and veggies
    Pita chips and hummus
    Special K cracker chips with salsa
    110 calorie bagels with Laughing Cow Cheese
    90 calorie English Muffins w peanut butter
    100 calorie sandwich thins with tuna and laughing cow cheese
    TGI Friday's Cajun Chicken Alfredo
    Chicken with sauteed mushrooms and potatoes
    Tostada shells with refried beans and cheese
    Protein shakes
    Kashi cereal w almond milk
    cheese-60 cal sticks or 100 cal bites
    Soups
    Jimmy Dean delight bowls or sandwiches
    Smart Ones dinners
    Digorno pizza's for one
    Oscar Meyer chicken flatbread meals
    Turkey brats with flatbread as a bun
    Dannon Toasted Coconut yogurt
    mac and cheese bowls
    100 calorie almonds
    Kashi peanut butter bars
    Eating Right Oats and either Chocolate or peanut butter bars

I make homemade red chile and green chili, freeze it and then take a bowl for dinners.

To prevent being bored and overeating, I have alot of water and gum...

Hope this helps
  • laumar3012
    Options
    awesome ideas everyone! thank you thank you thank you! i cant wait to get to the store!