Scales-gaining or not losing

Options
I am going to keep this short. I did a challenge that helped me so much. It was started by Banks...going for a month without hitting the scales. Our bodies change so much day to day...the scales will read that. Try not to hit the scales so much. You will start building muscle....therefore, the scale might not move or it may say you gained. You retain water, or you are retaining other things Banks stated in another post. Be patient, don't get mad. Keep up with the good work. I was not losing on the scales, but I was losing in inches. Take a look at the whole.
Measurments.....the way your clothes fit.....your skin....your energy...it is all improving.
This site is a estimator. You may need more calories than what it says. Read your body. You will know when it needs fuel. Eat every 3 or 4 hours. It doesn't have to be big meals. Eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and toss in a snack in between each. I eat almonds or fruit for snacks.
Give it time. Keep working on improving your over all health and stop worring about the scales.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I am going to keep this short. I did a challenge that helped me so much. It was started by Banks...going for a month without hitting the scales. Our bodies change so much day to day...the scales will read that. Try not to hit the scales so much. You will start building muscle....therefore, the scale might not move or it may say you gained. You retain water, or you are retaining other things Banks stated in another post. Be patient, don't get mad. Keep up with the good work. I was not losing on the scales, but I was losing in inches. Take a look at the whole.
    Measurments.....the way your clothes fit.....your skin....your energy...it is all improving.
    This site is a estimator. You may need more calories than what it says. Read your body. You will know when it needs fuel. Eat every 3 or 4 hours. It doesn't have to be big meals. Eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and toss in a snack in between each. I eat almonds or fruit for snacks.
    Give it time. Keep working on improving your over all health and stop worring about the scales.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    if only I wasn't on maintain, I would do it again with you. :tongue:

Thanks for the kind words. icdt!

I definately recommend this challenge though. I forced myself (and it was HARD) to
    not look at the scale for a month. when I finally stepped back on it, I was really happy
    with myself. I think part of it was not having stress about my days weight. Some people
    may not realize, stress causes many people to gain fat believe it or not.

The added bonus was, it broke my addiction to the scale. Which was a bad one for
    me. I only look at the scale once every couple of weeks now. It's kinda nice not caring
    as much about every 1/2 lb. Cuz while we may notice every ounce on the scale, there
    isn't a person in the world that can tell you put on a pound. Unless you do it all in your
    nose or 1 finger or something. :frown:
  • sdouglas
    Options
    Thanks for the idea of not getting on the scale for a month. My daughter is 15 months old, and I have had the hardest time losing weight. Every time I get on the scale, it either doesn't budge or I've gained a pound. I started exercising again too. I am also trying not to do the 1200 calorie thing. Good luck to all!