snacks

Options
so guys... i'm going shopping in the morning and have a few full days of study ahead of me, due to an exam and an assignment next week.

What are some healthy or healthier snack options that won't break the bank?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Cut up some fruit and Veggies and keep them in the frig. Low fat popcorn is good too. Grab them when you need them or put them in a baggie and take them with you.
  • lindaeverett
    Options
    Multigrain puffins cereal - satisfies the crunch urge. 110 cal in 3/4 cup. Very yummy.
  • apob31
    apob31 Posts: 1
    Options
    One of my favorites..... Special K Cracker Chips.........30 Chips 110 Calories..........You'll find them with the crackers, in your grocery store, not the chips.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    fruits are terrific if you are able to eat them within about 4-5 days so they don't get too ripe. I wouldn't recommend those hundred calorie snack packs.. just because I eat one and feel unsatisfied with it. You could make smoothies and take them with you wherever you're going.. packages of crackers are okay too. If you don't mind it, look for sugar free foods because they bring the calorie value much farther down.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree with the cut up veggie idea..celery, green peppers etc. When I'm super busy with the kids and find it difficult to prepare a good meal I have to lean towards celery and natural peanut butter, a hard boiled egg or two, a greek yogurt, handful of whole grain gold fish crackers or a piece of fruit. the key is to prepare...have things on hand. Good luck on your exams and I'm sure by thinking ahead you will do great with your weight loss as well! ;-)
  • ant_man
    ant_man Posts: 29
    Options
    well good luck for your assignments and exams

snacks can be so helpful.. small and simple are the best, if your goni to have them next to you while you eat...

*hand ful of nuts- unsalt cashews but good hand full or 2
    *yoghurt
    * rice crackers with home made dip
    *carrots/ celery in sticks with dip
    *dried apricots - not too many of them - due to sugar but they are healthy in small amounts
    *Guacamole dip
    * fruit salad

i will think of more for ya.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Apples... oranges... cheap, portable, and they fill you up.
  • Stylenerd
    Options
    Definitely agree with low-fat popcorn, but massively addictive too!

Also, pitta bread and humous - always a great combo. :)
  • jennkaufmann
    Options
    I keep baby cut carrots and hummus in the fridge.....very satisfying and also very nutritious.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    One of my favorites..... Special K Cracker Chips.........30 Chips 110 Calories..........You'll find them with the crackers, in your grocery store, not the chips.

Mmmmmm my favorite is sour cream and onion- serving size is 27 for that flavor. I seldom can eat that many though.
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Almonds are tasty!! Also, Roasted Edamame Salad is pretty tasty too. Remember to measure... they have some calories, but they are very nutritious and satisfying. :)
  • laureneva15
    Options
    thanks guys, keep it coming, the more ideas i get from you peeps, the more things i have to get in the shops in the future, the less likely i'll be getting bored :D
  • ant_man
    ant_man Posts: 29
    Options
    cereals are just full of sugar full stop don't waste your money