What’s your ‘lame but love it’ food?

Options
PB4Lyfe
PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
I have three..
1) I cook up 1 serve of high protein pasta and chuck 1 (approx 200g) chopped zucchini in with it when it’s pretty much cooked. While the water is coming back to the boil I microwave 2 cheese slices (plastic cheese, not proper cheese) with a few tablespoons of water and stir it up to make a cheese sauce. then I drain the pasta and zucchini, chuck it on to of the cheese sauce, and slip into a blissful food coma.

2) I throw a huge pile of broccoli, zucchini and peas in a pot with a little veggie stock and boil the *kitten* out of it. When I decide it’s suitably overlooked I whiz it with a stick blender and chuck in a little pot of Greek yoghurt. then slip into a blissful food coma. (I actually had this for dinner tonight)

and possibly the lamest..

3) 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 400ml hot water.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    All my meals fall into that category :D Sandwich. Porridge with butter. Apple. Spaghetti bolognese. Noodles. I don't do fancy cooking, and everything is delicious, to me.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I like some complex flavors, but I also like some simple flavors and things people don't usually like:
    Single ingredient sandwiches: just one thing, and bread.
    Plain boiled potatoes.
    Instant noodles + a protein.
    Raw vegetables, whole. No chopping, no dressing, no spices or salt, I just like munching on raw vegetables.
    My favorite ice cream flavor is plain vanilla.
    Cooked white rice and plain yogurt with a bit of salt for a savory rice pudding.
    I like soggy cereal and leave it to soak in on purpose.
    If given a choice, I always go for tomato juice.

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Your #1 sounds really good I want to try it!!! I just make sun dried tomato basil tuna with crackers , it has a lot of protein and doesn't taste horrible to me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I don't get it, what's lame about eating food you like?
    For me, it's a "guilty pleasure" thing. I am used to (from previous "fitness" attempts) being "proud" for eating certain items (that I don't particularly like, and shunning other items, that I do like), and just (making and) eating what I like, which happens to be mainly plain, ordinary food, and not making a fuss about it, makes me really excited, paradoxically enough.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted to philadelphia caramelised onion with cracker bread, it's my most common lunch and I just don't get bored of it.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Chickpeas. Not roasted or even cooked. Out of the can is fine with me.

Cucumbers and tomatoes with salt. No dressing, just a sprinkle of salt
  • PB4Lyfe
    PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't get it, what's lame about eating food you like?

It’s ‘lame but love it’. These are things I could happily eat every day until forever, but when someone asks what you’re having for dinner it really doesn’t sound that great.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    Spam! (well, luncheon meat anyway)

My comfort food is:
    chop onion and lots of garlic fine, cook in pan with enough oil until the onions taste sweat. Remove from pan. Cut tin of luncheon meat beef into small cubes, roast in remainder of oil in pan until crispy all around (they do suck up lots of oil).
    In the meantime cook small ellbow pasta and drain.
    Put onions back into pan for a few seconds
    Mix crispy meat cubes, sweat onion and rest of oil in pan with ellbow pasta.
    Serve with proper freshly grated parmigiano

I love this because it's got the mortadella/meaty flavour and is crispy, sweet onion, garlic taste, small pasta, and then the saltiness and texture of the cheese. A typical serving does go over my usual 500-600kcal dinner though.