Still hungry but out of calories!

Sveltforlife
Sveltforlife Posts: 20 Member
I'm 44, about 140 lb, trying to willpower stomach to stop growling! At end of the day, around 8pm, I'm still hungry.

Replies

• bostonjim23
    bostonjim23 Posts: 41 Member
    Eat vegetables there normal low in calories an take a lot to amount to much.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    I have to agree with the checking on your calorie goals to make sure they are realistic. What are your stats? (Height, expected loss per week, calories allocated, exercise amounts, etc)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Munch on raw veggies, most are pretty low calorie and a lot of chewing involved.
    Drinking water helps some people as well.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    reeeggiii wrote: »
    ecjim wrote: »
    How many cals are you eating? what is you cal goal? Do you eat breakfast? What do you have? - eating early in the day help control cravings later

When I eat early (like 6-7 am) I can't stop eating all day... When my breakfast is at 11am or later I don't have cravings at all. So this might not work for everyone... ;)

Every body is different - many folks will skip breakfast- go all day on little food then are starving in the evening
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'm 44, about 140 lb, trying to willpower stomach to stop growling! At end of the day, around 8pm, I'm still hungry.

how large is your calorie deficit?
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Can you adjust your allowances so that you have some left at 8pm for something like a rice cake at 50cals?
    Or can you reduce your deficit ba little and accept that the weight might take a bit longer to shift?
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    I save most of my calories for after 6pm
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Of course it's possible you're not eating enough.

I used to be on 150 kcals lower than I currently am. I was ALWAYS hungry. It wasn't fun. Then I upped it and suddenly felt so much more satisfied. I had more energy and was generally happier!

Also, how long have you been eating at deficit? It sometimes takes time for your brain to get used to the fact that you're just not eating as much any more.
  • seisenbach78
    seisenbach78 Posts: 1 Member
    Drink some green tea or mint flavored water
  • cathyann4
    cathyann4 Posts: 1 Member
    Go to bed?
  • susiegunz
    susiegunz Posts: 1 Member
    Try to have a small fruit smoothy as an evening snack. Very few calories if you use water, 1/2 banana, a few frozen strawberries and a dash of vanilla. Remember hunger mean you are losing weight. A little hunger is not harmful.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    susiegunz wrote: »
    Try to have a small fruit smoothy as an evening snack. Very few calories if you use water, 1/2 banana, a few frozen strawberries and a dash of vanilla. Remember hunger mean you are losing weight. A little hunger is not harmful.

fruit, especially blended, would just make me more hungry.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I suspect OP is eating 1200 calories, and that eating at least 1400 would prevent this problem and not slow her weight loss a significant amount...since she hasn't come back to answer any questions.