What real life thing made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    8082gqpczi4b.jpeg
    My rescue dog, who was abused, is learning to trust people again and didn’t bark or growl once today at other people walking or running during our morning walk.

Awwwww sweetie!!! How do you manage to keep him calm when walking? Whenever my pups see other dogs when we walk, they go crazy! I try to chill them out with treats but it doesn't help.

She just came back from training and I'm putting forth what I was taught. She was gone for a month! Missed her terribly. All I have to say now is "Chill" and she calms down. While she was in training one of the things she was taught was how to calm herself down. So if she is sitting and is still anxious then she lays down, if it's on her stomach she isn't completely calm yet. I wait and don't let her go anywhere until she is calm like she is in this photo. When on the hip they are in a calm/relaxed state. What I learned from the trainer, giving treats when they are getting ramped up by other dogs is only saying it is ok to act like this. IMO, and take this with a grain of salt bc I've only learned a little, is just stand dominantly in front of them and block their view from whatever they are looking at. Possibly walk one at a time until the issue is under control. The trainer said the more nervous you get, the more the dogs will feed off of that. Part of the reason my dog was such a hot mess. I have severe anxiety.
  • shanti200
    shanti200 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I work at a personal care home, and I work with some of the sweetest people. No matter how bad of a day I am having, I always leave work smiling!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I have been having a very rough day today but a phone call from my wonderful mom made me smile and feel better. Mommas always know the right things to say ❤

Sorry for your rough day.. mums do know the right things to say ☺
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have been having a very rough day today but a phone call from my wonderful mom made me smile and feel better. Mommas always know the right things to say ❤

Yesss! 😍❤️😎
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    The thing that made me smile today was getting a hug from my three year old nephew
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    Seeing the neighbor that let's their dogs out to run the streets instead of walking them put a for sale sign up last night!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Getting a good morning text
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Getting a good night hug from the teenaged boy w/o asking.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    All three of us singing along to the music in the car
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    That today would have been my 15yr wedding anniversary....and its NOT!!! YAY
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    No specifics, but made a better choice early this morning and feel better about myself for it.
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    No specifics, but made a better choice early this morning and feel better about myself for it.

Purple undies?
  • ghess5871
    ghess5871 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband waking me up when came home from work this morning just to tell me he loves me!!!!
  • ToxicRain1098
    ToxicRain1098 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I was sitting on the airplane minding my business . I was asked to come with them . So I did . They told me they over booked the seats and handed me 900.00 dollar check . I wasn't thrilled but this check just paid for my around trip and extra 300.00 . Plus a free 1 year stay at a hotel .
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Seeing an old friend that I haven't seen in nearly a decade, if not more.