Am i loosing weight to fast?

Options
So going off this app, i eat only 1,200 calories a day and always to to the gym to run off 100 calories. Beginning weight was 215 last sunday, this sunday i am 208. I really don't want to end up with saggy skin i have to later get removed, but is this too fast? And how do i not lose it so fast?

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    first week is usually a big loss due to water weight. give it some time and it will likely level off pretty quickly. keep in mind 1200 is the lowest MFP recommends - any exercise you do on top of that you should eat a portion of those calories back.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mombod77 wrote: »
    So going off this app, i eat only 1,200 calories a day and always to to the gym to run off 100 calories. Beginning weight was 215 last sunday, this sunday i am 208. I really don't want to end up with saggy skin i have to later get removed, but is this too fast? And how do i not lose it so fast?

given your stats its very unlikely that eating as little as 1200 cals is necessary. are you truly sedentary? (few people actually are)

the first couple of weeks will be water weight though, so i wouldn't worry about it.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Like others have said. The first week is mostly water weight. Also when you got a lot to loose it can be quite a lot in a month. I started at over 300 lbs and lost roughly 20 lbs a month till I passed the 200 lbs mark. Now it is around 8-10 lbs a month.
  • mombod77
    mombod77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I work at a callcenter all day so i sit, sit, and sit some more every day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I work at a callcenter all day so i sit, sit, and sit some more every day.

You don't get up for breaks in a whole day? You park right outside the door? You don't do any chores or cooking at home?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Your 1200 goal is for a non exercise day, you are supposed to eat back additional exercise, your goal would be 1300 when you do your gym session.

If you don't want to lose so fast (and have to eat so little!) then change the rate of loss you selected in your goal set up.
  • maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Aside from the speed at which you lose weight, skin only has a certain amount of elasticity. Now, it will generally take a little while to shrink after you've lost weight, but after a year or two it's shrunk all that it will.

All that to say, you may have loose skin regardless of how slow or fast you lose weight, based on age, how much you lose, and other factors. I don't know your stats, but for me, I started to notice a distinct excess skin after losing around 80lbs (I lost super slow, so I don't think that bit will go away on its own). It kind of sucks, but I'm still happier having something like that, than all the fat filling it up.

Best of luck!