Life changing Egg Salad without Mayo

Options
nyguyintucson
nyguyintucson Posts: 4 Member
Thanks to help from myp I lost 50 lbs and want to maintain it. I have long wanted to find a recipe for egg salad without mayo. Im sure im not the first to try this, but wanted to share to help others. Replace the mayo with salsa. It is VERY low calorie 5-10 calories a tablespoon, but a ton of flavor. I really like 505 green salsa which is a little pricey about $4 or Walmarts Sams Choice Salsa Verde, inexpensive and very good (2$). To make it even healthier I skip the bread and mix in about a half of a very large english cucumber chopped up. Makes for a very filling low calorie meal. For 4 eggs, salsa, and cucumber its only around 300 calories. I also have done the same with Tuna, but is good but I prefer the eggs alot more. Also want to try it with canned Salmon.

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sounds like eggs with pico de gallo.....
    I like to use Greek yogurt as a mayo sub and some Dijon mustard
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I like to use greek yogurt for my egg salad and avocado for my tuna but the salsa is probably pretty tasty. I would probably eat that on crackers of some kind or toasted English muffins.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    We often substitute yogurt for mayo and sour cream as well.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Quark can make a good mayo substitute
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    nope you lost me at "without mayo"
    cant think of anything that could ever make me want to go without mayo
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I make salad dressings using silken tofu thickened with a little chickpea flour and seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian herbs. I don't eat eggs, but it it makes a great mayo substitute in potato salad and pasta salad!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I use honey mustard dressing, and i now actually like it better
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I hate egg salad b/c of the mayo 🤢 I think when people say as a good substitute they mean that - a sub. Not an exact replacement. So thank you.

I make deviled eggs, egg salad or potato salad with mustard. Egg salad can also be made with avocado purée or chunks to get that creamy consistency.