The struggles of staying on track

Options
kathan01
kathan01 Posts: 21 Member
I struggle everyday to eat healthy and stay active but my daily work and home life sometimes makes it hard. Perseverance and determination is what gets me going.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Eating healthy and staying active shouldn't be an added burden to to your life, but make your life easier. So what exactly are you doing, and why?
  • kathan01
    Options
    I try to go to the gym after work and before dinner but since I have lunch at 11a and get home till 4p, I'm already hungry and if I eat then I have to wait a while before I go to the gym by then I most likely don't go. I started to work out and manage my meals due to diagnoses of diabetes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kathan01 wrote: »
    I try to go to the gym after work and before dinner but since I have lunch at 11a and get home till 4p, I'm already hungry and if I eat then I have to wait a while before I go to the gym by then I most likely don't go. I started to work out and manage my meals due to diagnoses of diabetes.

Why not eat something small enough that you can still work out afterwards?
  • kathan01
    Options
    That's what I'm working on now but need suggestions. I don't like fruit or protein bars.
  • joann23456
    joann23456 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How about something high-protein, like a slice of turkey and a slice of cheese together?
  • kathan01
    Options
    Yea, I should try it. Thanks
  • kathan01
    Options
    More suggestions will be appreciated.
  • Capt_Merica
    Capt_Merica Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Remember, you're doing a marathon and not a sprint. One day at a time. You mess up, pick yourself back off the ground and move forward again. And never, ever give up!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kathan01 wrote: »
    More suggestions will be appreciated.

Anything protein based.