Snack ideas?

Hi friends. I really crave salty snacks. What are your favorite go-to snacks? I get so hungry around 3pm. Thanks!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    String cheese, beef or turkey jerky, protein bars, nuts, Greek yogurt with crunchy stuff added, hummus & veggies, Wasabi peas
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you're hungry, maybe you need more food.If it's just a craving, you have to learn to tolerate them. What's your height and weight, and your daily calorie intake?
  • wifeofwienner
    wifeofwienner Posts: 6 Member
    Hi & thanks for responding. I’m trying to limit carbs in my diet. I’m doing my best to avoid empty calories. I definitely eat enough. Always hit or get v close to my 1200 calories. 5’4 & 160. Looking to lose 20 pounds and get off the couch. Your advice is appreciated!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2018
    I definitely eat enough. Always hit or get v close to my 1200 calories. 5’4 & 160.
    1200 calories is the lowest MFP will go, and you've simply, unknowingly - MFP's fault - picked a too aggressive, unrealistic weightloss rate and been given too few calories. To lose one pound of fat in a week, you need a calorie deficit of 3500, or 500 per day. You can check it yourself - is the difference between 2 pounds and 1.5 pounds enough to give you 250 calories more/less to eat?
    I’m trying to limit carbs in my diet. I’m doing my best to avoid empty calories.
    If so, you need to keep your snacking to a minimum - snack foods are typically carb heavy and "empty calories".
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I just had a big dill pickle sliced w/ carrot sriracha hummus.

+1.....and this is even more "awesomer" because I follow Keto and pickle juice (and pickles) are a great way to increase your Electrolytes. Just be careful with the pickles....they can have some carbs....more than you think...read the labels when selecting!