1 week in and need help

Options
I'm 1 week into my lifestyle change and I'm already wanting to stray. I don't have anyone here that helps to motivate me or holds me accountable. I'm just trying to find like-minded people who shares the same passion of weight loss as me. I've got approximately 150 lbs to lose. I've started the Keto "diet" and I love it. So, if you are willing to help me out please add me as a friend. Thank you!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How do you want to "stray"?
  • bannfox
    bannfox Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stray from my approved food list. Cheat essentially.
  • bannfox
    Options
    Cheat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    bannfox wrote: »
    Stray from my approved food list. Cheat essentially.

Doesn't that perhaps you don't love your keto diet as much as you think? If you didn't have those restrictions, perhaps you wouldn't feel like you wanted to "cheat"

• bannfox
    Options
    What I've wanting is things I shouldn't be eating no matter what... White flour and sugar. Also battered and fried foods. I'm just trying to make it through the tough spots and hold my ground. These foods are what has kept me from losing weight in the first place because I overindulge. It's best for me to stay away from these.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    What I've wanting is things I shouldn't be eating no matter what... White flour and sugar. Also battered and fried foods. I'm just trying to make it through the tough spots and hold my ground. These foods are what has kept me from losing weight in the first place because I overindulge. It's best for me to stay away from these.

Sugar and flour are in a majority of foods. Unless you can't eat gluten because of Celiac or wheat allergy, you shouldn't restrict that severely. That is why you want to cheat. Learn to eat things in moderation. Start small and make substitutions. Maybe have less food around. Find what combination of foods satiate you so you don't want to overindulge in things you have more trouble controlling.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »

Sugar and flour are in a majority of foods. Unless you can't eat gluten because of Celiac or wheat allergy, you shouldn't restrict that severely. That is why you want to cheat. Learn to eat things in moderation. Start small and make substitutions. Maybe have less food around. Find what combination of foods satiate you so you don't want to overindulge in things you have more trouble controlling.

I agree, I found completely banning anything was the best way to make me crave it and hate myself and the entire world because I couldn't eat it. I eat pizza, icecream, etc. etc. I just make it fit into my calorie allowance, generally by eating what I want to eat at lunchtime or in the afternoon and then adjusting my evening meal accordingly. Sometimes that has meant a low fat yoghurt or a tomato for dinner, but that was ok cause I'd stuffed my face with pizza earlier. Others, it has meant going for a 2 hour walk to earn some extra calories to pay for it and that was ok too.
    It's all about finding what works for you. Losing weight is far from easy and you won't be as happy as a lark every day but if you're doing it in a way that makes you miserable then it's unlikely to work in the long run.

Feel free to add me if you need friends, but beware I talk about running a lot!
  • Syleyna
    Syleyna Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    After 2 months you won't miss it at all. The first 4 weeks is by far the hardest. Don't let the people in your life (or online) bully you into straying from your path. So many of us feel AMAZING eating Keto, and the cravings do disappear. Be strong bannfox. Or if you need a little treat and haven't cut out artificial sweeteners also, I have an awesome cheesecake recipe ;)
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I think for some people, they can do the just cut down or back on some of their really favorite type of foods. And still be very successful overall at losing weight. But it is not a one size fits all for losing weight. For some people depending on their triggers, and what other health issues there could be. The best way is to go cold turkey off certain food items, stop eating them period. Maybe for a period of time or they need get out of their house altogether. And at some point down the line, they could bring back or not. Or only eat as a treat when they eat out. For me, that is how I have handled Ice Cream. I do not bring into house anymore. If I really want I must go out, buy it and eat it out.
    My advice is hang in there. Do not give in. The first two-three weeks are hard to get over all the cravings, of wanting foods that can trigger overeating binges. Stay Strong, you can do it.
  • arnnanz
    arnnanz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I enjoy keto type eating though don't do it too currently - add me if you'd like, i'll be supportive.