Ultimate time to work out

Options
When do you feel is your peak muscle activity? I've tried working out all sorts of time but ultimately I find late night workouts feel the most sluggish even if you slept through the day! Do y'all feel the same?

Replies

• ClairePeters56V
    ClairePeters56V Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Mokafiness! The perfect time for a workout is totally dependent on what kind of person you are. If you're someone who finds it difficult to maintain consistency, you should try it in the morning as you usually have no pressure to accomplish any other task and your body is fresh and muscle is ready to exercise.
    But if you're a person who finds it easier to get your body into a rhythm because you're not fighting your body the way you do in the morning, you can hit the gym after work, i.e. in the evening when your muscle is semi acitvated and ready to put in work.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    For me, it's first thing in the morning. My day doesn't feel quite right if I haven't smashed a workout first thing. I struggle with energy levels later on in the day so gym then is a no no.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    It's down to personal preference IMHO.

I like mornings.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I workout around my kid's schedule. My favourite time is late morning, around 11am.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I’m not a morning person. I work out after work in the evenings
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I prefer evening weight training
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    The best time to work out is when you can do it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Between 11am to about 4pm is my favourite time but evenings are OK up to about 10pm, no problems with energy, performance or sleep afterwards but scheduling around dinner time can be an issue.

I'm not at my best first thing in the morning (my back and knees tend to wake up later than the rest of me.....)
    Before retirement I was frequently in the gym at 10pm as it was choice of training then, or getting up far too early and missing out on sleep, or missing sessions completely.