Best fitness tracker?

Options
97smw
97smw Posts: 4 Member
Hi there! I’m sort of a newbie on the fitness journey and was wondering what seems so be the most practical, inexpensive fitness tracker out there? I’m a broke college student so I’m not looking for some super high tech ones, just something simple that I can sync to my phone and wear throughout the day. (Looking to spend about 150$ or lower unless it would really be an investment) thanks😃

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    What do you want to get out of it, for your $150? There are free apps that will count your steps.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My kids have cheap ($30) Redgo fitness trackers that I found on Amazon. They sync to my phone and have worked well since received at Christmas. They look like fitbits.

I have a Fitbit Versa. It's pricy, but I LOVE IT!
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 Fitbits. The cheapest one I've owned was the Zip - it just clips onto your bra/pocket/whatever. Its fairly inexpensive at 50 dollars. But you have to replace the battery every 4-6 months.

I had the fitbit Charge HR (which was my first one) and it was great but a bit more expensive. I currently have the Versa which is a smart watch and its fantastic but runs about $250.

Honestly, I would recommend any of those 3 ^
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    It would be hard to beat one of the FitBits for that price range. They can be helpful for getting you moving more.
  • JessMarie0389
    JessMarie0389 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just got the FitBit Versa, and I loooove it. It's $199 tho, but imo soo worth it. Cheaper options are the charge 2 or Alta at $150. The stats are all in one app, the fit bit app. Versus looking at multiple apps with an applewatch. The battery life is amazing, like 4 days. Can't go wrong with a fitbit, if you get one feel free to reach out and add me as a friend! :smile:
  • 97smw
    97smw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work retail a lot so I can’t have my phone on me to track steps so that’s why I’m looking more for a watch type of tracker. Thanks a ton!
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge 2 and I'm really happy with it, the Alta is nice too (not as bulky). I believe both are around $150.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Charge 2 is fantastic
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart 3 is also worth looking at. $119, and (IMO) Garmin products are built better and last longer than Fitbits. The Vivofit, at $169, has the addition of GPS if that's a desired feature.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Garmin over Fitbit every time. The cheaper Garmins are great value. The Forerunner 25 is usually $140, but can be picked up for around $120 if you shop around, and the Forerunner 35 is $170, but again with a bit of searching, can be picked up for less than that.