Help please! Embarrassing locker issues

Options
ggh15
ggh15 Posts: 13 Member
In my quest to get healthy I have decided to take up swimming. But on visiting my local swimming pool today I embarrassingly could not work the locker. They are the type you put £1. As simple as it seems can anyone shed some wisdom so I don’t struggle again?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Perhaps ask one of the pool staff?
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Are these coin operated lockers? I used to see those at airports many years ago. If that is what you are talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebivC0z_cQ

These return your coin, some charge you for using the locker and don't return the money.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Drop your pound in the slot in the top mate. Close the locker and turn the key. Remove the key.

useq4taq0sbs.jpg

To open it insert key and turn. The pound will drop into a little tray and the key will be stuck in the locker until another pound is dropped in.

Does that help? They're the type I see most often when in the UK in Gyms and Baths.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    Put your stuff in, put the money in, take the key and pin it to your suit. Swim. Put the key in, take your stuff out. Shower, go home.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    In my quest to get healthy I have decided to take up swimming. But on visiting my local swimming pool today I embarrassingly could not work the locker. They are the type you put £1. As simple as it seems can anyone shed some wisdom so I don’t struggle again?

were you using an old pound coin?!
  • ggh15
    Options
    No I tried a new £1. Should I be?
  • ggh15
    Options
    Drop your pound in the slot in the top mate. Close the locker and turn the key. Remove the key.

useq4taq0sbs.jpg

To open it insert key and turn. The pound will drop into a little tray and the key will be stuck in the locker until another pound is dropped in.

Does that help? They're the type I see most often when in the UK in Gyms and Baths.

Thanks! I did try that embarrassingly but I couldn’t get the key to turn enough to pull it out. I will try again 🙈
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options

useq4taq0sbs.jpg

Thanks! I did try that embarrassingly but I couldn’t get the key to turn enough to pull it out. I will try again 🙈

Ouch!

You probably just needed to wiggle it a bit. Try a different locker and if you struggle again ask for help. No harm asking for help if your struggling.

It was everyone first time once.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    It may be that the lockers only work with the old “round” pounds - the ones at my gym/pool do. However (thankfully) reception sell round trolley tokens for £1.
    I suggest that you try a trolley token.
  • suzr84
    suzr84 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've come across so many dodgy lockers. It was probably the locker and not you. Maybe you could ask for some help next time and I'm absolutely certain that you're not the only one to have had difficulty. They can be quite tricky sometimes.