Half Marathon Training

Options
Hello All. I just finished up the Warrior Dash (a 3.5mile obstacle course...mine was up the side of a ski resort mountain) and now, with a year of running behind me, I think I'm going to take on a half marathon in October.
I am going to use fitness.com's 8-week half marathon training plan (starting yesterday which was a rest day, so today is the first ACTIVITY day).
ANYONE WITH ME?

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Oh that is cool, well done!!
    I started running in January and have my first race - 12k on August 28.
    After that I think I will start training for a half marathon in February. I'm a really slow runner so I'm worried that I don't have the speed for it - but I think that should cone if I work at it and give myself enough time.
    I'll have a look at the fitness.com plan, I've checked out a few but don't quite know what will work best for me.
    So, I'll be a bit behind you but am interested to see how you go :)
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My half is 10/2...When/where is your race?
  • AngieMcHenry
    AngieMcHenry Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have registered for my first half marathon. I have run several 5k's so I am excited. Mine is 11/16 on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I am in the midst of training for a 1/2 marathon in October. I am following a 10-week HM training program, running 4 or 5 days a week. Best of luck in your training!!!!

Any runners out there, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    mine is 10/2 also...mines on long island its the diva marathon...anyone else going to that one?
  • loveandprideforever
    loveandprideforever Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thinking about October 9th in Red Hook, NY. Another option is October 23rd in Rhinebeck, NY.
  • reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one on 10/16 in Newport RI. Just starting my training. I rode the PMC on 8/6-8/7 and took last week off to rest.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready for a half yet, but I'm signed up for a 15K (~9.3 miles) on December 3rd. I'm going to use Hal Higdon's training program starting in about 4 weeks.
  • loveandprideforever
    Options
    I'm not ready for a half yet, but I'm signed up for a 15K (~9.3 miles) on December 3rd. I'm going to use Hal Higdon's training program starting in about 4 weeks.

That's great! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    I have my first half marathon 4th september... not long now eeek!!!
  • wittersby
    Options
    I'm doing the Denver Rock 'n Roll on October 9th. Just started my training plan last week and am loving it!
  • loveandprideforever
    Options
    I'm doing the Denver Rock 'n Roll on October 9th. Just started my training plan last week and am loving it!

What training plan are you using? Do you like it?