1 week down!

Options
First week down 2.8 lbs lost. I’ve been counting calories aiming for 1200 calories a day. Feeling good! Haven’t started exercising yet. What’s a normal weight loss in your first week?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Your loss (loss of water weight, less weight of food in system, fat loss) is quite typical.
  • mheen710
    mheen710 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2.8 lbs seems great! I just started my weight loss journey and am doing about 1 - 1.5 lbs a week. I'm sure I could be doing better!
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    mheen710 wrote: »
    2.8 lbs seems great! I just started my weight loss journey and am doing about 1 - 1.5 lbs a week. I'm sure I could be doing better!

1-1.5 lbs a week is great!! Don’t think you aren’t making awesome progress!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Yes, early water weight loss is encouraging and expected. You will level off at something close to your MFP plan loss rate assuming you follow it. Exercise will disrupt your rate until you settle into a routine. Remember that exercise machines and exercise tracking apps exagerate calorie burns so allow for that. Also, little "cheats" on your diet will add up to a lower rate as well. The more precise you are the closer you will come to your MFP plan weight loss rate. The physics and the math actually work.
  • jumper120
    jumper120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today’s marks the end of my first week too. Are the automatically set goals pretty precise to losing the weekly rate weight?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Normal in your first week is 2.8 lb. You nailed your normal first week!

I guarantee you that your second week is also going to be you nailing your second week. The only thing you have to do is decide if you're going to nail to the wall of success or the wall of despair. A gain or a loss is irrelevant. What matters is that you are trying. Keep trying.