Looking for a few gals like me.

Options
hotpsyche
hotpsyche Posts: 8 Member
I am almost sixty, 5’8 and want to lose 15 pounds. I am not interested in being skinny, crazy or unhealthy. Anyone with similar goals interested in mutual support?

Replies

• wifeofwienner
    wifeofwienner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m with ya. I’m 51 (on Saturday!) and have 20 to lose. I do well when I can be around others who are also trying to lose but not interested in being scary skinny.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Yup. Not going to walk around hungry any more !!!
  • rego1203
    rego1203 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 50...almost 51.. want to lose another 20lbs. Just want to be a healthy Grammie!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hi add me, 50years old, want to lose another 10-12lb and be healthy
  • susiemcmac
    susiemcmac Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hi - add me! I’m 49 and have about 30 to lose - but not going to be crazy skinny - just fit and 50!
  • rego1203
    rego1203 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • ltrivier6761
    ltrivier6761 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just turned 62!!! Yo-yo ing with my weight. Less weight ...less stress...more enjoyable life ahead.
  • candicew70
    candicew70 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm a little younger and shorter (lol), but same goals. And actually I don't even want to lose weight; I want to lose fat. I'm slowly working on recomping (burning fat and preserving muscle mass), which ideally involves eating at slight deficit, consistent weight lifting, and some cardio. I've lost 3 inches in my waist since June 2016 and 2 in my hips.

One of my friends thinks I lost 15 lbs. I didn't. I lost 6 but I've changed my body. What I do requires more effort than just eating at a deficit and exercising to lose weight but the results are worth it. Feel free to add me, if you're interested. Good luck!