Options
shaf238
shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
What's your biggest food vice?

Replies

• shaf238
    Options
    My food vice is chocolate but don't get me wrong, if I decide to have it I'll still make sure it fits into my weekly calorie goals.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Either salty crispy things like potato chips, or sweet things like ice cream. I can usually fit those into my day though. Pizza is another story. What I can fit (one slice) into a day, and what I want to eat (4 slices or more) are two different things. So I just try to make sure it fits into my weekly total instead.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Any kind of dense white bread, I'm ready to party.
  • shaf238
    Options
    Speaking of bread - that free bread they give out at Turkish restaurants...mmm!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Wine overconsumption.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I feel like if you can fit it in your calories on a regular basis, it's not really a vice - it's balance and responsible planning.

So I guess in that context, food volume is my biggest vice.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke. I know. It's terrible. But so delicious.
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh. I love me a good microbrew. I even make my own. :-)
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If a zero calorie beverage is you're biggest vice, I think you're doing pretty well. :tongue:

One of the definitions of vice is a habitual and usually trivial defect or shortcoming. For me, DC is that. I would like to not drink it. However, I can't seem to stop myself. :)
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Pizza is another story.

How many calories do you usually use for a slice of pizza? This is hard because your typical mom & pop shop will have different size pizzas, and use different amounts of ingredients. I don't go to chain pizza places. If I get one slice of cheese pizza I put down 350 calories.

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Pizza is another story.

How many calories do you usually use for a slice of pizza? This is hard because your typical mom & pop shop will have different size pizzas, and use different amounts of ingredients. I don't go to chain pizza places. If I get one slice of cheese pizza I put down 350 calories.

I'll use the entry of a chain pizza place that matches (reasonably) the type of pizza I'm eating (thick crust, thin crust, toppings, etc) and call that good enough.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    French fries and craft beer.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    kcs76 wrote: »
    If a zero calorie beverage is you're biggest vice, I think you're doing pretty well. :tongue:

One of the definitions of vice is a habitual and usually trivial defect or shortcoming. For me, DC is that. I would like to not drink it. However, I can't seem to stop myself. :)

I'm that way with coffee. I feel ya!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Pizza is another story.

I go to pizza ranch a lot with my dad, their posted calories per slice is 180-350 ish give or take. I just figure every slice is 250 calories no matter what I grab. They are posted in the database if you want to find everything. I flip flop from finding each slice I ate to just saying "eff it" and doing "quick add 1200 calories". If I go to the local Mom & Pop pizza shop, I try to either find a similar popular chain in the database, or a pizza that "sounds right" and guess (if eating there), or find one with grams and weigh my slices (if at home). The one in my town makes their pizza's huge and loaded with cheese, so I find ones on the higher end for calories. One of their slices Is probably between 350-450 calories, or more. So if I can, I like finding an entry I can use weight instead of slice. I have no idea how accurate it really is though, but I feel it's close enough.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Flavored coffee creamers. I'd love to be able to drink my coffee black, but that ain't happening! I make it fit into my daily calories, but oh well. That and my gin and diet lemonade.

I got reminded today why I don't go to Chinese buffet places very often. :smiley: It's a good thing I ran this morning!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Chips, absolutely can not have those in the house! I only have them out of the house, If I'm at someone else's place I can control myself because I don't want to look like a pig! Everything else I can have and control my portions.