Been on here too long and now I need support

Options
Hi I have been on here almost 550 days. The weight loss has taken such a steep decline and I'm starting to panic. I know this is normal but cravings do come and it's hard to avoid. I may have an eating disorder as I binge then throw it up (maybe twice a month). I just feel I'm trying so hard and I'm getting so close to my goal now. I was almost 240lb and I'm now almost 150lb. My goal is 135lb but I'm starting to believe that even when I get there I will still be unhappy with how I look.. I'm not sure this day count will ever end and I'm looking for others who have been going quite a while now and how they're coping...
Hello!

Replies

• papadeez
    papadeez Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    montyfay11 wrote: »
    Hi I have been on here almost 550 days. The weight loss has taken such a steep decline and I'm starting to panic. I know this is normal but cravings do come and it's hard to avoid. I may have an eating disorder as I binge then throw it up (maybe twice a month). I just feel I'm trying so hard and I'm getting so close to my goal now. I was almost 240lb and I'm now almost 150lb. My goal is 135lb but I'm starting to believe that even when I get there I will still be unhappy with how I look.. I'm not sure this day count will ever end and I'm looking for others who have been going quite a while now and how they're coping...
    Hello!

Look at all the progress you’ve made! You can do this! Have a splurge day once a week(reasonable splurge😂), then hit the gym the next day to counter you Extra Cals. Just try not to eat right b4 bed! You’re doing great! Keep moving Forward!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    papadeez wrote: »
    Hello!

Look at all the progress you’ve made! You can do this! Have a splurge day once a week(reasonable splurge😂), then hit the gym the next day to counter you Extra Cals. Just try not to eat right b4 bed! You’re doing great! Keep moving Forward!

You are kidding?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    please see your doctor about your disordered eating before it gets out of hand and you do yourself any serious harm.

^ this.

Please talk to your doctor ASAP.
  • papadeez
    papadeez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

You are kidding?

No I wasn’t kidding, he needs support from us, not just DRs. Be positive. 100+lbs lost is great, and a year and a half. I know if I was in his shoes I would want more support than just “Go see a Dr”. He may need counseling, but he also needs peer motivation and support as well. A good start to breaking old habits is to start better ones.
  • montyfay11
    montyfay11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. The only reason I haven’t seen a doctor about it is because I know I don’t do it all that often and don’t have an obsession with it but maybe if I do perhaps over eat one day I should take the advice of just hitting the gym harder the next day rather han purging. Thank you for your support whatever you suggested it’s all beneficial to me
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Thank you guys. The only reason I haven’t seen a doctor about it is because I know I don’t do it all that often and don’t have an obsession with it but maybe if I do perhaps over eat one day I should take the advice of just hitting the gym harder the next day rather han purging. Thank you for your support whatever you suggested it’s all beneficial to me

Purging through exercise is no more healthy
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hello!

You are kidding?

No I wasn’t kidding, he needs support from us, not just DRs. Be positive. 100+lbs lost is great, and a year and a half. I know if I was in his shoes I would want more support than just “Go see a Dr”. He may need counseling, but he also needs peer motivation and support as well. A good start to breaking old habits is to start better ones.

Swapping bulimia for exercise bulimia is hardly supportive.

Plus OP is a woman, why are you calling her 'he'?
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I agree you should consider seeing a Dr. about this. Why because well in reading your post and your reply it comes across as you have been purging for quite some time now. And it is not healthy on many levels. Also is concerning is your comment that while you are so close to the goal that you set. I mean wow losing the amount of weight you have is a big deal on many levels. You at some level thought once the weight was lost, it was going to change you. Do you understand why you now think your goal weight may not be correct after all? Remember you can change it? But maybe you would want to maintain for a bit after your long journey.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Hi. Per the advice of other posters, please talk to your doctor. It doesn't matter how many times you purge, what concerns me is that you are purging in the first place, and what is making you binge. It sounds like you may have some self esteem issues, and hoped that the weight loss might solve all your problems. It won't, if your issue is more psychological than physical. Once you have reached your goal weight you might find something else to obsess over, unless you can recognise that weight loss is not a cure-all for what is happening in your life. If you want to lose the last few pounds, there are forums here with practical advice. But you must address your disordered eating, because it sounds like you might need some structured support with that.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said do please take medical advice, it won't do any harm.

I know it's a personal thing, but I think you look great as you are! You have obviously worked hard and it has definitely paid off.
    My advice would be to roll with it at maintenance for a little while, take the pressure off yourself and enjoy the fact that you have acheived so much. If you're eating at maintenance then the cravings and binges may not be so bad as you will have more scope to play with. Then when you're ready get back to it, it's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Reaching out was a brave first step, well done. You’ve had so much success, don’t lose heart. Perhaps it’s time to step back mentally and evaluate, what has worked, what you feel is not working anymore, what small change/s you could make to your diet or routine that would help you feel more positive. Maintenance is so hard to achieve, and we all need to consolidate before moving on. Good luck, I hope these messages do help.