Sugars

Is their anything that contains sugar I can have such as freeze pops ? What are the best foods to snack on if hungry between meals?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Do you have a medical reason to avoid sugar? If not, yeah, have a freeze pop or whatever fits into your goals.

There is no "best" food to snack on between meals. It's going to depend on your calorie goals and what fills you up. I prefer low calorie snacks so if I'm feeling very hungry between meals I'll have greens/shredded cabbage with low calorie dressing, some carrots, or sauerkraut.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    You can snack on whatever you want as long as it fits your calorie goal, unless you have a medical condition. I tend to try my best to hit my protein and fiber with nutritious foods in my meals, and then snack on whatever strikes my fancy. I've been on an Oreo kick lately :cookie:

If you are struggling with hunger, make sure you aren't aiming for a too aggressive deficit, and check if you are getting enough protein, fat, and fiber throughout the day.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    As a snack, especially in the summer, I love to snack on frozen bananas (peel, cling wrap, freeze) or frozen mango chunks/blueberries that I buy at Costco. Also use these in smoothies etc..
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Frozen grapes