I lost 4 lbs in less than 12 hours, ask me how!!

Options
fruitily
fruitily Posts: 75 Member
Yeah, no. But it's a snazzy title.

I weighed myself last night after dinner when I made the account, then again this morning before my breakfast and after my...um morning...you know what.

Will start weighing in at the same time to avoid this in the future.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    Good observation. Might be best to weigh in the morning after getting up and to the bathroom, with always the same (non-) clothes.

Mind you, I managed to lose nearly 4lbs in 60 minutes once involving two 20 minute car drives and a short walk in a park (at nearly 50C, very dry climate).
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Our weight always fluctuates. Just for fun make sure you are wearing the same clothes all day and weigh yourself first thing in the morning, every time you eat or drink and whenever you have gone to the toilet. I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself more than once a day normally though.

Most of us only weigh ourselves in the morning after a visit to the toilet and wearing the same clothes or nothing every time for consistency. There is still be many fluctuations depending on food waste and water retention but keeping an eye on the trend is useful. To do this use an app like Libra (Android) or HappyScale (Apple). These trends are great as they iron out the fluctuations to easily see whether your trend is upwards, downwards or stable.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha, my first thought when I read the title was “I bet they’re going to say they pooped.”
  • fruitily
    Options
    @Lillymoo01 Downloaded Libra, thanks for the rec!
  • fruitily
    Options
    @MsHarryWinston I'm not sure what made me lose most, the litre of pee or the small baby of poop.
  • Ming777
    Ming777 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wondered if you gave birth to a small child... 😂
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha, my first thought when I read the title was “I bet they’re going to say they pooped.”

And if it’s not that, it’s food poisoning or a stomach virus