Replies

• go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yeah haven’t you ever seen that movie?
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My plants respond to me and that response is death because I'm pretty powerful.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I use to sing, touch, feed and pamper my plant then this happened.....

1alsv306s0e0.jpg

So no more babying the plants. They are lucky to get watered once a month. It's amazing they are still alive.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    What about touching? You know, like Kevin Spacey style.

wait.

I'm confused.

.... is there another kind of touching ??
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My plants only live if I avoid them, someone else must be touching them up when I’m not around 🤨
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Touch it and whisper postive love messages...not sure this will work...all my plants are dead

Could it have been your BDSM undertones?

So you're saying put away the whips?
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    aj5t4mlhuuca.jpg

I kill plants. I'm not sure how these have survived because I forget to water them. The orchid got attacked by a curious toddler but it blossomed beautifully. My false shamrocks are my favorite because they remind me of butterflies. They open in the morning and at night they close. I'm sure your future plant will do just fine :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Mine prefer to be tended to by a gardener. They're a bit elitist.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The Secret Life of Plants will answer all of your questions.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qY6p5d1+L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgs5ghnlrwbttn.png

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I choose house plants that thrive on neglect. I don't talk to, sing to, stroke or interact. I sometimes water them and they sit near a window.
    Cactus of some sort- still alive
    Snake plant- alive, old, actively growing new leaves. I cut off a leaf and shoved it in dirt and it grew roots and more leaves so I have 2 plants with little effort.
    Zebra Haworthia- still alive, new growth
    Lucky bamboo/ribbon plant- multiple pots of the stuff are thriving. Easy to grow and keep alive. Rooted a bunch of cuttings in water and planted them in dirt.
    Venus flytrap- still alive.
    A couple of I don't know what they are houseplants are also fine with not being interacted with much.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    who needs plants?

I have corn chips.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    On nice mild days my office plants get a holiday outdoors so they can get some quality sunlight. They have to listen to me all day so I'm sure they appreciate it.
    fsajjvbd038m.jpg
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Plants plz respond...

I like being touched. Plz sing to me too.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Plants plz respond...

mfro1n47b73i.jpg

I respond to hard rock and gentle hands
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Make sure they get plenty of flamenco guitar daily. And remember, an oak tree is just a nut that held its ground.
  • ToxicRain1098
    ToxicRain1098 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes. They have feelings.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Story: A friend of mine asked me to watch her Aloe plant while she was out of town for a couple of weeks. When she came back the plant had grown considerably. She ask what I did. I told I listen to soft jazz music and do all my house chores in the nude, and Oh, water once a week lightly.

Two weeks later she told me thank you, I am doing what you said and the plant is doing great!

That winter the plant died. I ask her what happened? She said it had been too cold to do the house chores nude. When I saw the plant, it looked like it had not been watered for at least a month.

Guess its all relative :-)