http://www.modeldietplan.com/metabolism.htm

Replies

• liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great article! Thank you for sharing!
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I didn't see the article yet but I wanted to say great job on your weight loss!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the article yet but I wanted to say great job on your weight loss!

Thanx :)
  • thanish
    thanish Posts: 24
    Options
    good article. thank you and you have reduced massive weight.. well done !
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    good article. thank you and you have reduced massive weight.. well done !

Thanx :)
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Really good article. Thanks for sharing.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing sooo much weight!! GO YOU!! Thats awesome. :drinker:

Thanks for the article. Was an interesting read as a 30 something female. Lots of tips I will try to include in my diet.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OP congrats on your weight loss.

I stopped reading the article in the beginning when I read this:
    Also make sure to eat breakfast. If you skip it, your body will enter its 'starve' mode early in the day and it will be hard to break out. To keep your metabolism working all through the day, eat small, low calorie snacks between meals.

I'm not going to start a debacle, so I'll walk away from this ahead of time.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with this article. While some of it is somewhat valid info you can do all of the suggestions (outside of gaining muscle which will take many months) and not see much of a difference from what you are doing now.

The problem is the things in the article that actually do increase metabolism only give you a very small boost, perhaps 50 calories per day if you did all of them . You might lose and extra 4 pounds in a year, tops and that's assuming you had a lot to lose to begin with.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with this article. While some of it is somewhat valid info you can do all of the suggestions (outside of gaining muscle which will take many months) and not see much of a difference from what you are doing now.

The problem is the things in the article that actually do increase metabolism only give you a very small boost, perhaps 50 calories per day if you did all of them . You might lose and extra 4 pounds in a year, tops and that's assuming you had a lot to lose to begin with.

Yea. Not to mention that I skip breakfast everyday as I am doing IF and my feeding window is from Noon - 8pm daily. My metabolism and my "starvation mode" are fine. Lol.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Wow.. congrats on your weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ShadowFangs
    Options
    I actually find this article quite interesting. I never thought of watermelon or blueberries the way it mentions it. Spices is another one ive definately had to re-think about so thanks for posting it up :smile:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options

Yea. Not to mention that I skip breakfast everyday as I am doing IF and my feeding window is from Noon - 8pm daily. My metabolism and my "starvation mode" are fine. Lol.

I never stated that this article was the end all of articles, but it does bring up some good points... Thanx for the compliment though!
  • amymsbailey
    Options
    I read this article and it was very helpful!!! Thanks for taking your time to post articles and recipes, etc!!!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    I read this article and it was very helpful!!! Thanks for taking your time to post articles and recipes, etc!!!

Youre welcome :)
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I love me some watermelon, and you can eat boatloads of it without much of a calorie hit, which is great. Whenever the wife goes to Costco, she grabs 2 big watermelons, and if we're lucky, they last 3-4 days, lol.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Great article. This is good stuff and I know personally much of it works. Many of these tips are foundational WW tools. You can certainly lose weight without them, but again, I know personally that many of them work. I'm taking it easy now (goal of 1.5 lbs loss per week), but when I did WW several years ago, I beat the odds and lost 2 lbs per week consistently for six months, before I got pregnant and quit. And I was eating all my daily, exercise, and flex points! Folks were amazed. I had a large amount to lose in six months and I did it.

In sum, by drinking lots of water, eating more diary servings, eating more calories earlier in the day, taking vitamins, etc., etc., I was able to accelerate my weight loss above and beyond what one would calculate via calorie deficit (e.g., from 1.5 lb to 2 lbs weekly loss ). That's doing pretty darn good for a middle aged-sedentary women. It takes a lot of effort and discipline, but it worked to boost metabolism. I learned a lot and prior to that took the attitude that "it wouldn't work for me".

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate the reminder!