Need help and encouragement

Options
Hello all, I need to know how many of you have lost weight with this app and are successful with it? I switch back and forth between this app and the weight watchers app, which I have lost weight on, but get tired of counting points and gain weight back. I am struggling big time with my weight and eating habits right now, any help and encouragement would be appreciated. I dont pay for the the premium, just using the free version, thanks!!!!

Replies

• William54321
    William54321 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Most of us dont pay the premium so no worries there. I managed to lose 46 lbs and am in maintenance using this app. Just be truthfull in recording and stay within your cal max set by mfp. Dont use extra cals gained from exercise for snacking
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    MFP works if you use it right. Go to the success stories board if you need assurance.

To lose/maintain weight, you have to impose some kind of restriction on your eating, there is no way around that. The good thing is that you're free to choose how.
  • AnoukeA
    AnoukeA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been using this app for almost two months and have lost 20 pounds. I switched from something else and so far I have been happy with this one. Habits can be difficult to break. Some of the blogs have been really helpful, have you seen any that would help you?
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi I set this account up a few years ago but didn’t really use it much. Well, I need to lose 50lbs so am ready to use it now! I’m only 5 days in, enjoying it so far. I can see the food diary will be most useful. Good luck, free free to add me
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning! This is the only app that has every helped me. I use the free version as well. Honestly, if I were to start again, here is what I would do
    -Log for a week without changing anything to see what you are eating and how your exercise(if you do)
    -Start by either upping an exercise or start cutting down on food for 30 days
    -Add the other thing you are missing after that time but slowly
    -Log daily!! Make it a routine
    -Take measurements and record your weight. I do it daily, some to it weekly or monthly
    -Most important! Forgive yourself. You will have days that you will mess up....One bad day will not equal all the good ones.

This is not a race. Change all the nasty habits slowly and then you will not miss them. I am down 38 pounds as of mid-January and heading for 12 more to reassess after that.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    If you get a mindset on long term fitness make it a lifestyle you won’t quit switchback and forth this app is not what made you los weight it’s the community, it’s your determination, you changed your way of eating, you got active stay focus and you will see success abundantly